• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List [TURBO]

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATING THROUGHOUT THE DAY, UNTIL THE THREAD IS COMPLETE, ENJOY THIS VIDEO OF TURBO GANONDORF, COMBOS CRAFTED BY ME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfRGfJvhJkU

Yes, you read the title correctly. This IS a Tier List crafted for Turbo Mode. I will only be listing the top 5 characters and the reasons why they are the top of the food chain. You are free to input your opinions or even discuss what YOU think should be on this list.

I have continuously with great effort been compiling a large list of move sets for each Character in Turbo Mode. Each Character will have 2 sets of lists, 1 that is DI dependent, requiring you to follow the opponent, and the other that is promised, where you do not need DI followup.

Also I must disclose. People avoid Turbo because of "Infinite Combos" by spamming 1 button. To turn off this bad feature, simply go to the in game rules and turn off the Input Assist option. This forces you to cancel your previous move into a different move, though I am not sure why, that IS however how it works.

NUMBER 5

Meta Knight
Meta Knight breaks in at number 5. There are plenty of legitimate reasons as to why I rank Meta Knight so high. Especially in the Turbo Tiers. Meta Knight outside of Turbo Mode is a dangerous threat as we already know. Meta Knight in Turbo Mode has a LARGE list of tools to work with, including making his otherwise useless Side Special into a opener for MANY combos. Meta Knight also being a fast faller means that up kills in Turbo Mode wont be such a threat to him, which up kills are VERY common in Turbo.

There are primarily 3 combos that put Meta Knight on this list at number 5 and I will give you the inputs to these combos so that you may try them on different characters, which these combos work consistently on most of the time (assuming you have great DI follow up). The first combo, and the easiest to preform is your best option to open with in smaller maps. [Forward Special > Tornado (pass opponent) > Back Special > Tornado (rest on opponent) > Jab > Up Smash > Follow Up]. This combo creates a great opening, especially if the first hit confirms, opening up over 40% in damage and allowing in air DI follow ups. The next combo is a simple kill combo that is only 2 moves, but works amazing. [Forward Special > Neutral Air] We all know Meta Knight's Neutral Air is a kill move in its own right, so why not make it an easy confirm? If your opponent does not block the forward special, they are as good as dead if they cannot DI back on stage. To include, this is a very safe combo. The momentum you gain from the forward special does not stop just because you use Neutral Air, in fact, you continue to move forward at high enough speed to avoid punishment, giving Meta Knight a safe kill combo option, which most other characters do not have access to. The last and final combo to talk about is a tricky combo indeed. It not only has a LOT of inputs, but also requires MASTERED Level DI follow up, so you better have GREAT frame reading skills. This combo racks up OVER 70% and with proper follow ups can bring even more damage than that. The inputs are as follows: [Short Hop Down Air > Cancel into Jab > Cancel into Up Smash > Cancel Into Jump Back Air > Cancel into Back Special (follow DI) > Cancel into Down Air > Cancel Into Tornado > Cancel Into Up Smash > Follow DI For More Inputs] This combo is devastating and racks up EASY damage if you open it with a hit confirm, however, is unsafe if you mist the first Down Air.

END: Meta Knight is Number 5 because of his ability to juggle with Forward Special and Tornado, and an easy 2 hit kill combo. All in all, Meta Knight is also extremely agile on his feet and easily can recover back to the stage, making him a force not to be underestimated.

NUMBER 4

Lucario

NUMBER 3

Link

NUMBER 2

Jigglypuff

NUMBER 1

Ganondorf
Ganondorf by far, from my experience, is the most lethal character in Turbo Mode. Before we even get into the gist of it, I must say, Ganondorf is the ONLY character with TRUE infinite combos when you turn off Input Assist in the game rules. Ganondorf can cancel Up Special into Up Special infinitely. Now that we have disclosed this information, what tools does Ganon have in Turbo? A lot, and each of them is EXTREMELY scary. I will go over a LARGE list of combos Ganon can do.

#1 [Jump Down Special > Cancel (before you touch the ground) Into Short Hop Down Special > Cancel into Jab > Cancel Into Down Special]. The Wizard Kick. VERY strong, lots of damage LOTS of knock back. These kicks do TONS of damage VERY quickly. Even if your opponent shields the first jumping wizard kick, you can cancel it into your second jump while still in the air just to throw another out there, causing SERIOUS shield pressure and after the second, canceling it into a jab which even if that is blocked can be canceled into another Wizard Kick, which = Shield Break. Yes, if they block all of it, their shield WILL break. Also, this combo will PROMISE to put the opponent off stage if the first hit confirms. What's another combo Ganon has? Well, it's annoying, but it IS a factor in Turbo Mode. [Down Special > Cancel Into Jab > Down Special > Cancel Into Jab > Down Special > Full Hop > Forward Special]. Depending on the map, and how far on the other side you are, this could either rack up INSANE damage in seconds, or kill both Ganon AND the opponent, of course Ganon would win if both are final stock. This combo is also EXTREMELY safe, even though Wizard Kick outside of Turbo Mode is not. Ganon's Jab is EXTREMELY fast, creating a VERY safe option to cancel into after a Wizard Kick, and those Jabs will only create more pressure and another free Wizard Kick, blocking a stream of Wizard Kick Jabs is suicide for your shield, to include. Another combo Ganondorf has? [Short Hop Forward Special > Cancel Into Grab > Down Throw > Cancel Into Jab > Cancel Into Down Special > Cancel into Full Hop Forward Air > Cancel into Full Hop (sometimes double hop) To Down Air Them off stage for a stock] Yes, this combo, if DI is followed off stage is a 1 combo kill, and Ganondorf is the ONLY character in turbo mode that can consistently do this without the use of TAS. Another Combo? WHAT? YES!? [Short Hop Forward Special > Cancel Into Up Special > Cancel Into Neutral Air > Cancel Into Down Special > Cancel Into Full Hop Forward Air > Cancel Into Full Hop (sometimes double hop) to Down Air off stage for a stock]. YES! ANOTHER 1 combo kill in Ganondorf's toolbox, again, assuming DI follows off stage. BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!!!! [Short Hop Forward Special > Cancel Into Grab > Up Throw > Cancel Into Up Special > Cancel Into Forward Air]. This is a great option to go into at higher percentages as it does not require ANY type of real DI followup except for the Up Special hit confirm, which is easy to do. If close enough to the edge of the stage, and the angle of your forward air is proper, this is pretty much a stock. Gaaaaannoooondddoooooooorrffff..... WAIT.... what's that? You want another? [Short Hop Down Air > Cancel Into Forward Air > Cancel Into Down Special > Cancel into Full Hop Forward Air]. Yeah, even his Down Air opens up combos, pretty insane right? Want a simple 2 to 4 piece combo to? Sure, why not? [Down Special > Cancel Into Short Hop Forward Air > Cancel Into Double Hop Forward Special > Cancel Into Down Special] Truth be told, Ganondorf is a HERALD Godsend in Turbo Mode. Try him out or view this link to see some of his greater combos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfRGfJvhJkU Want another simple combo? [Down Special > Cancel Into Short Hop Forward Special > Cancel Into Grab > Up Throw > Cancel Into Up Special > Cancel Into Neutral Air > Cancel Into Forward Special > Cancel Into Up Special > Cancel Into Forward Special > Cancel Into Down Special]. Note, you must have PERFECT DI Followup to Cancel the Neutral Air into the Forward Special, otherwise you will likely miss and be severely punished for it.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

This is a giant waste of time.

Then again, i'm in no position to judge what people should spend their free time on. And I'd be a **** to assume i was an authority on others time.

So.

Have fun.

i guess.

Haden

This is a giant waste of time.

Then again, i'm in no position to judge what people should spend their free time on. And I'd be a **** to assume i was an authority on others time.

So.

Have fun.

i guess.
It's not a waste of time considering that Turbo Mode to surprise is growing in popularity. People have been aiming to find true and legit combos to use in it and I am as a goal to create Combo lists and threat scales of characters to the best of my ability, considering I have put a minimum of 2 hours a day into Turbo Mode for the last 2 months on every character trying to find their gimmicks.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Top tier: Zelda and Tink
Garbage tier: Everybody else

Haden

Top tier: Zelda and Tink
Garbage tier: Everybody else
Infinites are excluded. I am assuming you list them because of infinites. Those infinites don't exist if you turn Input Assist off in the game rules. So I haven't concluded any details that make her particularly S tier. She is in my opinion A tier, however.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You can infinite just finite without input assist. I'm not sure how IA would help since you can cancel at any time, no buffer required.

Last edited:

Haden

You can infinite just finite without input assist. I'm not sure how IA would help since you can cancel at any time, no buffer required.
Input Assist allows it to where you can cancel a move into the same exact move. Without Input Assist, the move you cancel into HAS to be different, which creates large room for errors, or dropping combos, to include that your opponent can't DI out of an infinitely fast button mash of the A button or spam of the C Stick whereas they CAN DI out of button inputs that take more time to configure. We've heard all the excuses, saw all the claims and HAVE debunked 90% of them. Like I said, the only "true infinite" in Turbo Mode with Input Assist turned off is Ganondorf's Up Special into Up Special.

Also, don't ask me why Input Assist off makes you cancel into different moves..... it just does.

EDIT: A fine example is this.
Input Assist On: I can jump onto you with Jigglypuff and [Down Special > Down Special > Down Special > Down Special > Down Special].
Input Assist Off: I can't do ^ that

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Input Assist allows it to where you can cancel a move into the same exact move. Without Input Assist, the move you cancel into HAS to be different, which creates large room for errors, or dropping combos, to include that your opponent can't DI out of an infinitely fast button mash of the A button or spam of the C Stick whereas they CAN DI out of button inputs that take more time to configure. We've heard all the excuses, saw all the claims and HAVE debunked 90% of them. Like I said, the only "true infinite" in Turbo Mode with Input Assist turned off is Ganondorf's Up Special into Up Special.

Also, don't ask me why Input Assist off makes you cancel into different moves..... it just does.

EDIT: A fine example is this.
Input Assist On: I can jump onto you with Jigglypuff and [Down Special > Down Special > Down Special > Down Special > Down Special].
Input Assist Off: I can't do ^ that
This is not true about the Input Assist you can't cancel out of the same move even if your using Input Assist IDK how you would think this tho....

Haden

This is not true about the Input Assist you can't cancel out of the same move even if your using Input Assist IDK how you would think this tho....
We've tested on 3.0 and 3.2
If you turn off input assist, you have to cancel your move into a new move (minus moves that hit multiple times EX: Meta Knight Tornado, Ganondorf Up Special, Link Up Special, Toon Link Up Special). <all of which can be DId out of.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Tink's upB definitely cancels into itself. A lot of moves do. Mostly SideB moves.
Also I'm pretty sure you can't DI out of Zelda's neutral B to usmash infinite.

Last edited:

Haden

Tink's upB definitely cancels into itself. A lot of moves do. Mostly SideB moves.
I'm pretty sure Sean just DId out of Neutral Special Up Smash Spam. Just watched it. The higher your percentage, the more knockback, the more influential your influence of direction becomes. While you can do it a lot, and it is annoying yes, it is hardly infinite.

Haden

Multi Hit moves that use more than one hit box or have an additional hit confirm different than the original tend to be unaffected by the IA clauses that was discovered, example being Meta Knights tornado and Ganondorfs Up Special, though I am not entirely sure what causes this, though I could assume this is because the initial input hit is followed by another hit, I assume, which would register it as a different move. All things to be honest I believe PM developers should work on tweaking a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom