• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List for RPG Characters?

SquallLion90

Smash Rookie
With all the speculation over the SSBB Tier List I was wondering what people think the Tier List for RPGs should be?

Here are some that I came up with:

*All the characters in the highest Tier simply prove to have the most useful amount of strength and/or abilities to finish the game with*

My Tier list for The Legend of Dragoon:

High: Dart, Rose, Albert (Lavitz)
Mid: Haschel, Meru, Miranda (Shana)
Low: Kongol

*High* Anyone who's played this game knows how awesome Dart, Rose, and Albert are. They have the strongest Additions in the game and just Uber [cheap] Dragoon Spells.

*Mid* They just seem like weaker versions of the high Tier characters. Miranda (Shana) can be useful for her healing Spells, but other then that she is pretty useless because of her lack of Additions.

*Low* He's strong, but he's also slow and doesn't have any good Dragoon Spells or Additions that can rack up a lot of damage.

...for Final Fantasy 8:

God: Selphie
High: Squall, Zell, Irvine, Quistis
Mid: Rinoa
Low: Selphie (without using the "trick")

*God* If you use the PS1 "trick" (I'm pretty sure it only works on the PS1) that allows you to have an infinite amount of time to select what Spell you want to use with her Limit Break, you can just wait until you get the one you want to use. Among those includes "The End" which kills all enemies INCLUDING BOSSES.

*High* They have the strongest Limit Breaks in the game that can rack up A LOT of damage.

*Mid* Much like Miranda in the Legend of Dragoon, she's only good for healing and Invincible Moon (which isn't that important unless you're doing a No Junction Playthrough, in that case it's EXTREMELY important), and her actual attacks with Angelo aren't any stronger then the High Tier characters.

*Low* Without that "trick" Selphie is pretty useless. Her Limit Break can still be useful, but without the infinite amount of time you get by "cheating" with it, you'll just be sitting there taking damage searching for the Spell you want to use.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts and I'm curious what other people think.

Top Bottom