• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thur 03/13 - UNF Brawl Tourney

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
UNF in Jacksonville has a gaming club called "The Arcade". I had subscribed to the mailing list a couple years back and in doing so, found Pritch back when he was still there. Anyway, I just got a new message tonight telling of an upcomming tourney. As far as I know, not a whole lot of the Jacksonville people know about the club, so I figured I'd bring this tournament to their attention.

The E-mail reads as follows:

"The Arcade is hosting a Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (for Wii) Tournament! The event will take place on Thursday, March 13th at 5:00pm in rooms 14/1602-1603. This event is completely FREE and there will be prizes for the Tournament Placers. There will be chips and sodas to snack on as well.

If you are planning to attend and can bring a Wii, Wiimotes, GameCube Controllers, and/or Smash Bros: Brawl game disk, please contact Tyler Beckett via email: theUNFarcade@yahoo.com.

Please visit our forums for updated information including rules, maps, etc: http://thearcade.forumarena.com.

Thanks,
Tyler

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The Arcade at UNF
Pres- Tyler Beckett (theunfarcade@yahoo.com)
Cell: 386-503-8234
VP- Syvan Barnes
Site- www.unf.edu/groups/arcade/ (redirects to new site)
For instant replies, IM me on AIM @ theUNFarcade!
"

Please note that I have nothing to do with this tourney or club. You will need to use the contact information provided if you wish to know any details about it.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, good **** on posting the info about this. A lot of us who play Smash at UNF showed up to this. The rules kinda sucked (single elim. w/ only one match per set), but I got the guy hosting it to only have neutral stages and he already had items off. :)

Results for Singles (there wasn't a doubles tourney :():

1st Gmoney and TBAR (TBAR had to go take a midterm so we just ended the tourney and split the win; we both won shirts, heh)
3rd ??? and ??? - whoever we beat... I think a Lucas (name is Skip?) and a Pit (no idea)
^if you guys are actually on the boards, post!

I'm sorry for those who got gimped by the single elim. and only one match per set.

If people are curious, I used Wario and TBAR used Jiggs (we were forced to only use one character the whole tourney).

Fun stuff overall. Good games.

Top Bottom