• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw Setups/Followups

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Having only recently started playing again (let alone playing PM in the first place) - one thing I've noticed is my grab game has gone to hell in a handbasket. Just wondering if anybody has any matchup specific throw things they can share - if we get enough together I'll edit the lot and compile it here :>

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Down Throw to netural air is always nice. And U throw can be chained on spacies, so it's nice to link into itself. F Throw is still a kill move, a common setup for that is FC'ed Fair into FThrow. I can't really think of other setups at the moment, haha

Omadon

Mm. Would like to work out who DThrow to NAir/UAir works on and at what%. Who can mash out and respond (Luigi maybe). I need someone to practice regularly with that is interested enough to sit there and get throw about with Peach as the whole cast for a bit xD

WTB LAB PARTNER.

Last edited:

Omadon

Also - on paper you can probably catch some characters with DAir>NAir/UAir. Anyone fancy helping out with this? People with readily available nerds lying around? x

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Actually, a well placed DAir > Float Cancel (or drop the float) > NAir is really strong. I find it hard to get my spacing for DAir right half the time so I usually just go for [Turnip throw or not] > FAir > FC > Grab, FThrow.

FThrow even at low percentages is a go to; how often I've been able to follow up on a FThrow into a Jab1/Grab at low percentages has been obnoxious. DThrow is good against Heavy Weight characters, being able to basically pivot in place and regrab for a good 50-60% especially if they're not great with DI. BThrow I use because [THAT BASS] but its good against FastFallers to kinda "anchor" them offstage, or just at high percentages a good BThrow near (and off) the ledge can really take surprise stocks off people, especially if they DI'd poorly. Oh, as he said, UThrow is chainable on most Spacies/Fast-Fall types. I'm trying REAAALLLYYYY hard to make DThrow > DACUS work for me, but just like the inconsistencies I get with DACUS from the start, trying to imagine on the fly doing it in the opposite direction immediately after the recovery of DThrow is just too much ;~;

Yet I can get solid and well placed AGT's with Peach all day, I think DThrow into DACUS (or DACUS in general) will be my biggest bridge to cross. (Both of which important because if done right can kill Floaties at reaaally low percents, like Maybe kill Jiggz if done correctly at around [ending percentage] 60% or so. YAYY)

BONUS: Spacies and FF's hate Mid-High Percent UThrow into IFC NAirs. It's like watching a pro player throw a baseball up into the air only to one handed swing the ever loving **** out of it.

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
I always go for DThrow into FTilt spam at low percents. It is possible to rack up about 70% on them after numerous forward tilts. At low percents (I saw this in peach dittos yesterday) Fthrow can be chained 4 times at low percents. The only thing I can thing of for Bthrow is a dash attack followed by another grab.

MrBoozeCrooze

Smash Rookie
Down throw chain grabs
DThrow/Nair
DThrow/USmash or UTilt if you catch some in bad DI
DThrow/FTilt/UTilt/Nair on certain characters
Up Throw chains on Spacies
Up Throw/UAir

I normally save the Forward and Backthrows for kill or edgeguard situations.

Top Bottom