• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw for faster fallers?

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys. so on floaties I noticed down throw -> Fair works well but what about against faster fallers like cap falcon and roy? Or even spacies. Which is the best option versus those guys?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Uthrow is the go-to throw vs Spacies. You may be able to get some decent combos into fsmash/dsmash out of dthrow on the slightly floatier characters.

Falcon's tough, because his weight lengthens your throw animation.

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
Down throw all day. In some cases its a regrab, some you can get an up smash but its not as effective as lighter characters, also dash attack. Low percents its not as helpful, so up throw, or you can go for the down throw and tech chase.

Since we're talking about grabs, is there ANY situation to use a throw besides down throw, except for the case mentioned above (spacies)? Like back throw to try and edgeguard perhaps?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Bthrow can have enough knockback at mid-high percents to set up for edgegaurds, but it's not particularly reliable.

Fthrow is pretty terrible.

Chevy

Smash Ace
I once used f-throw to continue a combo onto the moving platform on Smashville, eventually into a kill. Usually pretty bad, but at certain positions, it can set up platform tech-chases.

Last edited:

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Down throw on spacies or fast-fallers in general can lead into tech chases, if you're confident enough for those.

210stuna

Smash Lord
While not for fast fallers particularly, I noticed Esam down throw -> Fair (ice) easily with DI included on Armada's Pit at SKATR 3

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
While not for fast fallers particularly, I noticed Esam down throw -> Fair (ice) easily with DI included on Armada's Pit at SKATR 3
That works on fast fallers on higher percents with bad di, and on not-so-fast fallers with poor di. But this doesn't work on floatier characters.

Chevy

Smash Ace
That works on fast fallers on higher percents with bad di, and on not-so-fast fallers with poor di. But this doesn't work on floatier characters.
Doesn't work on whom? And at what percent? From what I've noticed d-throw in ice mode is the ultimate floaty slayer. DI in - Up-Smash->Up-Taunt, DI away - Ice Fair->edgeguard, No DI - take me now Samus!

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Doesn't work on whom? And at what percent? From what I've noticed d-throw in ice mode is the ultimate floaty slayer. DI in - Up-Smash->Up-Taunt, DI away - Ice Fair->edgeguard, No DI - take me now Samus!
Oops. I misread fair as f-smash. Excuse me. This won't happen again.

Top Bottom