• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw Follow-ups on Falcon

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
I know I should be able to get more out of up throw on Falcon at low percents. Right now if they DI out I can only get an f-tilt around zero-15. What are my follow-up options when I'm getting early grabs?

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
you can't really combo, just do upsmash to get him to a higher percent, then follow up throw with up tilt or regrab

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
you can cheese with jab or shine at early %. i've been thinking about this lately and tech chasing is probably the best idea until up tilt, down tilt (way less useful, but it works), or dash attack (niche like down tilt) are guaranteed. at mid-high percents you can chaingrab, up tilt, nair, bair, fair, or up smash (may be better options, i'm just guessing). up air at really high % works too.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
At low% u-thow u-smash. Just chase him with a jump-cancel up-smash, or up-smash in place on no DI.
After that, I'm not sure what's the optimal thing to do, but you can re-grab, do a second up-smash, u-tilt... Juggle him till he gets knocked too high then aerial him with uair chains, or be ready when he lands on a platform.

Edit : Ignore all this. I'm a fraud.

Last edited:

g_f

Smash Cadet
upthrow upsmash isn't even possible on falcon 0-15. he can tech the uthrow before the usmash hits. either uptilt (very fast) or accept the tech chase. you could shine but it really bears no benefit since it's a shine out of the air... a knockdown is much more desiderable.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
upthrow upsmash isn't even possible on falcon 0-15. he can tech the uthrow before the usmash hits. either uptilt (very fast) or accept the tech chase. you could shine but it really bears no benefit since it's a shine out of the air... a knockdown is much more desiderable.
I remarked this myself today, and I felt very dumb for teaching stuff I don't even know about. I was about to come back here and correct this, but gg for picking this up. I've sometimes seen people dispensing flawed information and cursed them in thought, so now I won't judge what others do as quickly I guess !

Top Bottom