• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw Canceling?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ok sorry if this was posted already, but i searched the forum and read through all the stickies but they didnt have anything on this.

2 things - my friend saw a video where a jiggly did a down throw or something and 'canceled' into sleep. I dont know if this was canceling or what, but i have also seen a lot of falco combo videos where falco does his down throw and cancels out of some of the laser animations to do a reflector.

My question is, does this 'throw canceling' exist, and if so, how is it done?

pdk

Smash Lord
it's basically the same deal as IASA, you can do other things before the animation for the throw is over

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The Jigglypuff thing you saw was either on Green Greens or Mushroom Kingdom I, which have breakable blocks. Doing her dthrow on the blocks stops it halfway through, and keeps the opponent in the perfect spot for Rest. Falco's just fast.

Top Bottom