• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THP files from Non-Brawl games (DO NOT DISTRIBUTE OR REQUEST THP'S)

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
NOTICE: DO NOT SHARE ANY , I SAID ANY TYPE OF THP FILES OR WII/GC FILES HERE

THP files are mainly used in Gamecube games and Wii games... They are used for videos and other miscellaneous stuff
For THP files work, the file must be smaller than the original one, and, the resolution must be 576 x 416 (for NTSC brawl), and 640x464 (for PAL brawl)...

Those are the list of known games that have THP and don't have it:
HAVE THP:
04/20/11 Update: Mario Sports Mix have THP's (Mario_and_Sonic_Guy)
04/21/11 Update: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (UA-S/CGH) have THP, Pokémon Colosseum have THP and MegaMan Network Transmission have it too. (TommoPuppy)
04/22/11 Update: Mad World 3 or 4 have THP's. (Segtendo)
04/24/11 Update: Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Party Game$ have THP's (RandomTBush)
04/26/11 Update: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance have THP's (Gabrielwoj)
04/29/11 Update: Added one thing for Fire Emblem PoR (Gabrielwoj)
08/10/11 Update: Pikmin 2 have THP's (Gabrielwoj)
08/26/11 Update: Wario Land Shake It have THP's (Gabrielwoj)
09/17/11 Update: Ikaruga have THP (Gabrielwoj)
09/21/11 Update: Mario Kart Double Dash/Zelda Wind Waker have THP's (Gabrielwoj)
09/28/11 Update: Mario Super Sluggers have THP's (Mario_and_Sonic_Guy)
12/31/11 Update: Zelda Skyward Sword have THP's (Gabrielwoj)

-Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
^There is some ".thp_pal", if renames it for thp it works on THPPlayer, but not sure on Brawl [Probably may work on PAL Brawl]
-Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)
^There is a DUMMY file with no extension, if put a extension as THP, it will play, but very glitchy...
-Ikaruga (GC)
-Mad World (Wii)
-Mario Party 4 (GC)
-Mario Kart Double Dash [GC]
-Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
-Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
-Mario Super Sluggers (Wii)
-MegaMan Network Transmission (GC)
-Pokémon Colosseum (GC)
-PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure​ (Wii)
-Pikmin 2 (GC)
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
^There is also an MTH file which seems to use the same informations as THP, cause they are opened successfully on THPPlayer
-Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
-Super Mario Sunhine (GC)
-Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) (Both Ultimate All-Stars and Cross Generation of Heroes)
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii/GC)
-The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker [GC]
-Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Party Game$ (GC)
-Wario Land: Shake It/Wario Land: Shake Dimension (Wii)

DON'T HAVE THP:
04/21/11 Update: Star Fox Assault [GC] Does not have THP (Gabrielwoj)
04/22/11 Update: Tony Hawk's Underground, Spiderman 2 and Sonic Riders does not have THP TommoPuppy)
^Sonic Adventure 2 also uses a basic format (M1V), which can be played with some right codecs in some Media Player.
09/21/11 Update: Kirby Air Ride/Luigi's Mansion/Viewtiful Joe/Zelda Ocarina of Time - Master Quest don't have THP's (Gabrielwoj)

-Animal Crossing (GC)
-Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) [generate the videos by models, with camera location]
-F-ZERO: GX (GC) [.sfd]
-Kirby Air Ride [GC] [???]
-Kirby Epic Yarn (Wii) [generate the videos by models?]
-Luigi's Mansion [GC] [.h4m]
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) [generates the video by models]
-Pikmin (GC) [.h4m]
-Sonic Riders [.h4m]
-Spiderman 2 [.h4m]
-Star Fox Assault (GC) [.sfd/.fpc]
-Viewtiful Joe [GC] [.h4m]
-Tony Hawk's Underground [.h4m]
-Zelda Ocarina of Time - Master Quest [GC] [.tpc]

You also can create new THP's (or edit those for edit the resolution and the statics) using the "xmanfit0" guide, right here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271087

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Mario Sports Mix has THP files too. Of course, I could care less about THP hacking.
Okay...
I sent a PM to RTbush for a look, he said that too...
Well, but if someone wants some THP informations, there are...
I also updated the list, thanks

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, I've seen THP hacks over at the BrawlVault, so there is a "market" for them.
While true, most people who do just pick a high quality Youtube video for whatever they need.

Not that it's bad to have some official THP material to use.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The GC version of TP has THP too. Why wouldn't it? On that note, since it runs on the same engine, can someone check Windwaker?

These game also have THP files.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) (Ultimate All-Stars, but I assume Cross Generation of Heroes does too)
Pokémon Colosseum (GC)
MegaMan Network Transmission (GC)

Zelda Collector's Edition has a couple of ARC files (so does Pokémon Box). Every menu option, whether games or movies, seems to be stored in "TGC" files so I don't know if there are THP or not.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
The GC version of TP has THP too. Why wouldn't it? On that note, since it runs on the same engine, can someone check Windwaker?

These game also have THP files.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) (Ultimate All-Stars, but I assume Cross Generation of Heroes does too)
Pokémon Colosseum (GC)
MegaMan Network Transmission (GC)

Zelda Collector's Edition has a couple of ARC files (so does Pokémon Box). Every menu option, whether games or movies, seems to be stored in "TGC" files so I don't know if there are THP or not.
Huh, Well, I already updated the list, thanks :)
Well, do you know games that "DON'T" uses it? For add on the other list...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Huh, Well, I already updated the list, thanks :)
Well, do you know games that "DON'T" uses it? For add on the other list...
Besides obvious multiplatform games like Tony Hawk's Underground, Spiderman 2 (.h4m like Pikmin) and Sonic Riders, there's nothing I can really add from all the games I've backed up. I'm yet to check Tales of Symphonia and Soul Calibur 2* since I haven't backed them up (WiiHTTPd broke when I updated my Wii to get the shop channel back). I also have Capcom vs SNK 2 coming in the mail, but I'm pretty sure that has no videos in it, and it was a NAOMI arcade game anyway.

Only one worth nothing is Sonic Adventure 2. Movies used as textures and overlays are in M1V format which can be played in any media player with the right codecs. Can't seem to find the actual FMV though, but considering it's also on Dreamcast I doubt it uses the THP format.

*(sure, it was multiplatform, but the model format differs between versions according to MarioKart64n, so would the videos differ too?)

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Besides obvious multiplatform games like Tony Hawk's Underground, Spiderman 2 (.h4m like Pikmin) and Sonic Riders, there's nothing I can really add from all the games I've backed up. I'm yet to check Tales of Symphonia and Soul Calibur 2* since I haven't backed them up (WiiHTTPd broke when I updated my Wii to get the shop channel back). I also have Capcom vs SNK 2 coming in the mail, but I'm pretty sure that has no videos in it, and it was a NAOMI arcade game anyway.

Only one worth nothing is Sonic Adventure 2. Movies used as textures and overlays are in M1V format which can be played in any media player with the right codecs. Can't seem to find the actual FMV though, but considering it's also on Dreamcast I doubt it uses the THP format.

*(sure, it was multiplatform, but the model format differs between versions according to MarioKart64n, so would the videos differ too?)
Thanks...
I have heard that H4M is an another file that can be opened in Media Players, but I couldn't find the codecs...

MadWorld has like 3 or 4 THP's.
All Right, added both... Thanks!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Oh, right. Looking back at my first post, Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Party Game$ [GameCube port of the first Wario Ware] also has THPs for its videos.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Updated. Sorry for bump, but I edited some stuff :(
08/10/11 Update: Pikmin 2 have THP's (Gabrielwoj)
08/26/11 Update: Wario Land Shake It have THP's (Gabrielwoj)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
"Madworld 3 or 4"
wat
It's "Madworld" and it has 3 THPs (I looked in the ISO).

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
More games:

Have THP:
Mario Kart Double Dash [GC]
Pikmin 2 [GC]
Zelda Wind Waker [GC]

Don't have THP:
Kirby Air Ride [GC] [???]
Luigi's Mansion [GC] [.h4m]
Viewtiful Joe [GC] [.h4m]
Zelda Ocarina of Time - Master Quest [GC] [.tpc]