• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on spot dodging

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Hi
I'm new to brawl,I started playing in January.I used to play tradtional capcom fighters competitively on a daily basis. It was hard to make the transition on playing brawl,but after a month of playing on wifi in the arena thread,I feel like I have most of the fundamentals down except spot dodging.It's a wierd mechanic to me. I usually neglect using it unless I absolutely have to.the main question I have today is does anyone find spot dodging to be a bit overpowered?i know there are counters to it, i mean the only way I came to that conclusion was because I was fighting a individual whose fundamentals(spacing,mind games,mix ups)on brawl outclassed mine but then I started spot dodging,and the difficulty on fighting this player went down(he was still a lot better than me) of course. Anyone?

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It feels like a very strong tactic until you get absolutely used to it.
You remember is an option, you try to bait it, you try to punish it.

In Brawl defense options are very strong, but all of them have counters, and the best (maybe only) way to beat them is by detecting patters and getting reads.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Spotdodge is a ridiculously powerful move. It's so ridiculously stupid to be able to become invincible at will and having little lag while doing so. It is the reason I think Brawl is so defensive as it is.
Once you learn to use low lag moves like jabs when baiting spotdodges you can bait and punish them though, but it's still a very overpowered tactic.

Top Bottom