• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts About Character Reveals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
With the Olimar reveal, I had a thought about something. With the reveals going forward, we may see a character at least once a month. Let me explain.

SSBU/3DS is scheduled for 2014. Now, let's say the game will be released on the last day of the year. Till then, we have 17 months until then. 5 months in 2013 (Starting with August), and the whole 12 months in 2014, so this means we have 17 months. Right now, there are 12 Veterans not announced: one from 64, 3 from Melee and 8 from Brawl.(Yoshi, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Ice Climbers, Meta-Knight, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, King Dedede). I'm also assuming that Zelda and Sheik are shown on the same day. Now, if there were only 5 newcomers who are unlocked (starters, like the ones I mentioned before), this means there would be 7 newcomers unlocked from the beginning. Megaman wont count for this because he is a third party character. Like Sonic and Snake, he will be locked. If there are only 5 other newcomers, then we will have a character every month.

Now hold on. It gets better. Brawl had a total of 10 new starting characters (9 not counting ZSS). Brawl also had two third party characters, so in total there are 12 characters announced. In my example, there were only 7. Let's say we have 11 characters revealed with no extra third party character. This would be another 4 characters over the 17 we have. This means we'll have some months with more than one reveal. Also, this assumption was that the game would come out on the last day of the year. That may not be the case. The game looks like it's pretty far along, so the game may come out earlier. Let's say it comes out in August (which would be a year from now). With 12 months and the 17 from before, that means we'll have months with 2 characters half the time and 1 character the rest of the time. With 21 characters, this means we'll get 2 characters a month for 9 months.

In otherwords, we may have character reveals more often then some may have though.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Im Suprised no one has mention this expecialy how you lot are so jump the gun specualtion freaks but i couldnt help but realise what it actually says on the website when you click the info tag undervthe daily screenshot holder.

''The introduction of the veteran fighters'' - Pikmin & Olimar are Available.

The words in commas

''The introduction of the Veteran Fighters?''

Just a quick bad translation?

To me it pretty much sounds like

''We have officially kick started the Veteran reveals first up is Olimar''

Plus Sakurai said that they hasent been no cuts ''YET'' maybe means he working on bringing as many vets back before newcomers? Like prioritizing Vets over Newcomers?

Also in the french interview he said that he doesnt plan on revealing as much info about the game than brawl did?

By going with this whole theory maybe We will get veteran reveals every month or 2.

And maybe only half or so of the newcomers will get revealed and the other half or so newcomers will be left for you to find out when the game releases?

Pretty messed up theory huh?

Well everyone has there theorys and this is mine also im just tryna make sense, make a understandble story out of all the info Sakurai has told us so far in terms of chars/and reveals.

Sakurai hates cuts he knows we hate cuts

Reveal tones of Veterans to put PeePz minds at rest that there old mains are back sprinkle a few newcomers on top and have you wait bitting your nails for the other newcomers which you gotta wait till you get the game to find out...plus keeping some newcomers secret till release goes with the ''im not gonna reveal as much as brawl'' Theory because by 'much' he means info basicly chars...and anything worth revealing is chars! So by keeping some newcomers secret its going by what he said about that.

Hmmmm Sounds like something Sakurai would do to me...what you lot think?

Am i Crazy?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Am i Crazy?
If by crazy you mean the fact you didn't say RealTalk even once throughout that whole essay then yes. :troll:

But yeah, I think we could have at least 2 vets revealed every month from now onwards or whenever there is something to promote I guess. Such as Yoshi for Yarn Yoshi or New Yoshi's Island or Zelda for Wind Waker HD or A Link Between Worlds.... But that all remains to be seen for now.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
''The introduction of the veteran fighters'' - Pikmin & Olimar are Available.

The words in commas

''The introduction of the Veteran Fighters?''

Just a quick bad translation?
I think the "Veteran Fighters" thing is labeling Pikmin & Olimar.
Fighters is plural because Pikmin & Olimar are two entities.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If by crazy you mean the fact you didn't say RealTalk even once throughout that whole essay then yes. :troll:

But yeah, I think we could have at least 2 vets revealed every month from now onwards or whenever there is something to promote I guess. Such as Yoshi for Yarn Yoshi or New Yoshi's Island or Zelda for Wind Waker HD or A Link Between Worlds.... But that all remains to be seen for now.
@Kiwi - Hmmmmm Yeah nice de bunking your right RealTalk.

@Hippo - i guess i am Crazy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This formula makes the most sense when you consider that the months in which characters are doubled up are the months in which Nintendo Directs are held.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This formula makes the most sense when you consider that the months in which characters are doubled up are the months in which Nintendo Directs are held.
Interesting. I'm not up on when Nintendo does Directs. Do they do them every two months? Or is it kind of random?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom