• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This needs to be put in training mode

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
In training mode you have the option of making a cpu attack, evade, jump, stop or control. However you can't make a cpu do a specific command like for instance make ganondorf only do his side b so that you can learn how to tech it. I also want to improve my reaction time on reflectors. I main mario and I have bad reflexes.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Agreed. I badly wish I could make Link use only his bomb so i could practice catching and throwing items. Also I wish there was a way to make the CPU only recover low. I want to practice hitting sheik's 2 frames on her recovery but I can't because it's very difficult to get the CPU sheik to recover using her Up B.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
This would be great to have. It'd be useful for learning how to tech, how to adjust to the new increase in shieldstun, and finding out which move beats out others.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Training could generally be more robust, yes. Unfortunately, I find it highly unlikely that we'll ever see even the slightest update to training.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
That'd be great indeed.
And to have the CPU running at 3 speeds : Walk, mid-walk, Run.
Or to only do perfect shield, dodges, etc.
But I guess it'll be impossible...

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
This is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time...

Which let's be honest is an almost guarantee that it won't be implemented.

This would be great practice with situational defense. I have a number of mistakes I keep making and would love to be able to drill it... because asking someone to sit down and repeatedly do the same stuff over and over would be boring as something.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
In Street Fighter 4 I believe one option in training for the AI will allow yourself to record a sequence of inputs that they will then follow, like a macro.
WE NEED THIS BADLY.

Top Bottom