• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"This game is too easy"

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
For all of you out there who say that the CPU is a breeze, that you have no problem beating them, etc. try this challenge:

*Stock
*5-10 lives
*Team battle
*You on one team
*Three CPU Level 9's on another (doesn't really matter which characters they are)
*Handicaps on
*Your handicap = 1
*CPU Handicap = 9
*Items off
*Team attack off
*Stage doesn't really matter

Do that and THEN tell me the game is too easy.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I tried it ONE time, and then I just broke down, and cursed on you Giygas:mad: :bee: .

Melee has it limits. No one will ever be able to beat this challenge(I'm not talking about a way to cheat the cpu, for all you cruel melee maniacs). It's just there to confirm that the game wont leave you bored, it will always be better than you. I guess that nice, cuase as you say those who complain about the AI probably haven't tried these challenges. It's actually there to make the replay value endless.
But I don't think that this challenge it meant to be played, a game is not fun when something gets frustating, but as I said it's there as the ultimate challenge that no one ever will be able to beat, you have to find where your own limit is and get a good gaming experience out of it. Because of this outrageous hard challenge every melee player will be able to find where his limit is.

Hal has done a d*mn great job, cause in the old smash, you actually beat such a challenge.

BeeboW

Smash Journeyman
Gosh!!!! It's pretty **** hard lol! :crazy:
I played with 5 lives cos i was thinking "The less lives, the less the difference there will be between the scores...."
But, i just got totally butt-*****.....hum hum
I got 6 kills, and i'm pretty proud ^___^ Gooooo Rest!!!

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
I'm the first to admit that the AI has it's merits, but orchestrating an elaborately unballanced situation doesn't prove they're good.

Anyway, this challenge really is impossible. Take off the handicap and I can do it--****, I've done it before lots of times. Before I started playing competitively (actually playing other really skilled players, instead of just friends that would come over and play for hours on end), I got my practice playing against the computer. I started by playing level 9 AI's until I could consistantly beat them. Then I added a second, and then a third (still FFA). Then I played against two level 7's with TA on, progressing slowly until I was fighting two level 9's. Take of TA and it gets harder still. Now I can beat two lvl 9's without team attack about 90% of the time. 3 level 9's is significantly more difficult, but I get lucky every once in a while and do it. Of course, if this was just a "beat the challenge" sort of a thing to you, you could make them all jigglypuff and just use roy's backwards up-b trick, but that sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?

These don't do a whole lot of good for playing against real people, but it does help as far as mastery of your own technical skills are concerned, and there is one practical purpose. If you play a lot of TA off games (2 on 2 tournies?) these sort of matches are great practice for when your partner dies and you are left alone. They teach you an effective evasive strategy; to run away and poke but to quickly switch to offence when there's an opening for attack.

phrederick

Smash Cadet
so it doesn't matter the level of the opponent? I've beaten 3 level 9 before, so it can't be that hard. *runs off to try it* :)

Jango Fett

Smash Lord
Man, that is hard! I barely lasted 2 minutes. Punches, kicks were everywhere! I was literally ***** from every direction! It was brutal on Yoshi's Island. My ego had been damaged but I'm still OK.

as to Sastopher, I agree with his statement. Totally true.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Of course this is hard, and I'd like to know who said this. Anyway, it doesn't help you a bit. I have a friend who can beat 3 level 9's on a team, no TA, in 64 and Melee, but I whup him so bad in one on one every time. In a 3 stock match, I lose only stock and I kill him easily.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by phrederick
so it doesn't matter the level of the opponent? I've beaten 3 level 9 before, so it can't be that hard. *runs off to try it* :)
I meant to say level 9's, sorry but I thought you guys would have assumed that *edits post* :o

My point was just to get you to realize, as MK put, that the game will always be better than you. I always see people boasting about how they can take 3 level 9's on, etc. A good eye-opener, if you ask me.

You think you're hot? Try this and get your arse whuped. If that isn't an ego-downer, then I don't know what is.

"But Giygas! It wasn't fair! 3 on 1... and handicaps!"

Excuses, excuses...

phrederick

Smash Cadet
If anybody - ANYBODY - can do this, then I will go out to your house and personally, um, do something good. yeah I thought you meant level 9, cause I beat all the level 1's w/out taking a hit on 5 stock. *tries other way* :crazy: :eek: :crazy: :eek: :mad: :( Dang that's hard. But they're level 9 and Have 9 handicaps! that's cheap! a single kick is a KO! Yeah I knew what I was getting into, but My ego is still the same- Cause I know that there is no way to beat them! unless... Gameshark!! :o I would NEVER use a gameshark...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Done

Three Yoshis on Corneria with Falco. Just jump over the cockpit side edge over and over till they all eggroll themselves to death. YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ME MELEE!!! Cruel Melee on the other hand....

BeeboW

Smash Journeyman
'Fraid not Chronos...This was to proove that the game is always better than you. You might be able to exploit one aspect of yoshi, but you will never be able to do it with say...falco? (shudder)
Therefore, Melee>Us...

C.FALCON ROCKS

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that is true because there are probably loads of ways to cheat the coms.

I managed to do this task by cheating without using one life:
Go to Hyrule
CP As 3 Roys lvl 9
Any Character
go to the little platform at the bottom
Hold down you Z shield
Let them cme and they'll die automatically

This is the case in the PAL version but im not surein the others.
I tried it without and it almost definatly aint possible.

D

Deleted member

O_o' that is simply not cool.

I tried Ness at Final D against Yoshi, Ganondorf, and Pichu for one stock, and that's the ONLY way to beat it. Yoshi egg rolls off the edge when you run, Ganon Dark Dives off after Ness in which I air dodge, and Pichu is just plain easy between absorbing the wave shock thing and PK Missle. I still did it 4 times before I beat it. Easy unless you get thrown :(

Man, talk about massive ****. :eek:

Veg

Smash Apprentice
Its not hard to lose when you stack the game agienst yourself. In a fair/even fight a good player can almost always win. This is just stupid. Of course theres a way to make it so you can't possibly win. . . giving the computer a huge advantage and giving yourself a huge disadvantage doesn't make the computer better than you.

Razor Leaf

Smash Journeyman
Bet some moron will say they've done it before, or did once you posted this. It is impossible. I can beat level nines and teams, but whenever you lower handicaps and change the game settings to a certain extent it really is impossible to suceed.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's not exactly hard. All you have to do is find a fast character who can take advantage of the other characters flaws or the AI flaws and exploit them. I consider this a fair and legal win considering the odds being against you. All is fair in love and war is it not? Besides it has nothing much to do with Melee skill because its not about fighting its about tricking the comp. Yeah I have done it in several different scenarios but I dont claim to be any better than anyone else because of this. You can all do it too im sure providing you have both arms!

Radius-86

Smash Ace
Here's the deal.

The three computers are Ganondorfs.
You play on a stage with a large abyss on both sides (basically a stage that is not Flat Zone, Mushroom Kingdom, and such).

Jump off the edge, mid-air jump, mid-air dodge, Ganondorf Dark Dives and dies.

(P.S. - This is how you easily kill Ganondorf in Event 51)

Nashua

Smash Rookie
That's definitly impossible, they're is no way for the human hand to operate a controller fast enough to win, plus no character can keep up with three and not be hit unless they are extremely superior in speed. This challenge isn't hard, it's ridiculous. Now for the game to be harder, which it could've been the computer's actual fighting skills would have to be increased. 9 is the limit of skill but anyone can beat them, they are lesser than the average player. Not that I can complete this challenge but I know I'm not the only one. However it is possible. Don't jump into this and expect to win. You'll have to do this many times. Start by having the handicaps on auto, then when you win your handicap will decrease and their will increase, after much practice and too much time someone can do this.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Uh the horror.......the horror...........
That about sums it up....

Anyway the team battle in Very Hard Classic mode is almost if not worse as they seem to have higher weight and also your partner literally dies in like 3 seconds than its just fists and more fists. The fighting teams are the worst as they combo you like crazy and all you see is a bunch of fists and in 5 odd seconds you're at 100% and at Very Hard mode the damage ratio is normal unlike in the easier mdoes.

spiderman

Smash Cadet
If the game gets too easy for me I just play with characters I'm not any good with and take on level 9's to get better. Once that gets too easy I just put on handicaps, 2v1s, etc.,

It hasn't gotten too easy for me yet, except when I'm Link.

:crazy: i love that thing...

Link_

Smash Cadet
There is another way of beating this. Play Classic Yoshi's Island, with a cpu that can't jump well, and choose a character who is fast, and can jump. Any ways, just jump on the cloud all the way to the right side of the level, and keep jumping so it won't break, and then wait for them to come and when that cloud disappears then you jump back on the cloud to the left, wait for the cloud that disappeared to come back, and repeat. They will die pleanty.

Defiance

Smash Apprentice
Well, basically, i think you can beat almost any CP, in hyrule on the little platform, you shield,they try to spike and fall to their deaths. I've done this plenty, just to say that I can do it.
But since you aren't supposed to cheat them out, i would still have to say it's possible , go in hyrule, you can probally use fox or falco, use blaster and run away type thing, sure it would take a few hours but it is possible. or you could go in the part with the roof,(right above the platform) and battle in there, since it is much harder to get Ko'd. But i don't think anyone has the patience or stamina to do this.

:beezo:

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Using AR to slow the game down to 1/8 speed like the "Perfect Control" vids could help the best Meleers do it!

That would be cheatig, though.

Still a cool thought!

Just think about it: slowing time down to the point where every attack has enough lag to predict and sheild accordingly, doing the greatest shffls ever while you're at it!

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
I guess this is hard, but not nearly the same as loosing to an AI on even grounds. Of course, the only way that could happen is if they let use script the AI ourselves. It would be interesting to practice against a clone of myself with perfect technical mastery and work towards scripting perfect mind games. Supposedly, there is an emulator that can run Melee at full speed now on a dual core 64 bit os. Problem is there no way t cap the framerate so it becomes unplayably fast. Perhaps in a few years though custom AI might be possible.

Edit:
how did someone find this thread? did they read like every thread ever created?
Wow, I didnt realize the date until now. This is ancient.

Top Bottom