• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This ad bothers me episode 2: Attack of the Plagiarism

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1156]This ad bothers me episode 2: Attack of the Plagiarism[/drupal]

Now this one may just bother me as much, if not more than the last Ad, which coincidentally, was also for a bad free Em More Pig. But what bothers me slightly more than using your own forums and players as sources of critical acclaim is the fact that this ad has what's obviously the dark elf from World of Warcraft, who I hope for some reason must have gotten lost and ended up on this ad. But most likely, whoever made this ad just looked up "Elf" or something on google images, and slapped it on some colors and boring default Paint Shop Pro text and called it a day. Nevermind that that that's the Dark elf, not only from WoW, but from THE GOD@MN FRONT COVER OF THE GAME. Seriously, just about anyone who cares about MMORPGs already knows about this crap, and some guy actually attempted to just copy and paste this image, and hope people would think it was their own. That does it, this game must be Chinese.
(Yeah I know, I already bashed china last entry, but can you blame me? China is too easy to make fun of.)

Oh, and in case the Ripped-off WoW elf wasn't enough of an indicator, they couldn't just call it a New MMORPG. No, it's apparently a New FANTASY MMORPG. That's like calling an FPS a New WWII Shooter, or calling a racer a New STOCK CAR racer. Hell, you might as well call your new game a New WII Game or New (Arcade board number) Game!

Yare yare daze....

and just in case I didn't buttrape every last nook and cranny of these 65430 pixels, it turns out the site is called "www.playlastlife.com"
So wait, you give us just the name of the site, but not the name of your game? Yeah, it should be obvious it's called Last Life, but what kind of name is that? Is it like 2nd life but FANTASY, but it's the very last -life you can play? Well what the hell happened to the other

finalark

SNORLAX
That add with the Night Elf reminds me of a time when I found some Chinese fireworks with a WoW Orc on it. There are no copyright laws in China.

Top Bottom