• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I don't think Wam needs to be (should be) the play at all here. Pretty much the only thing I agree with Synchronicity about at the moment is that there's a good chance both wagons are Town. Yeeting for info is a losing strategy.
Why do you think there was so much wagon drama at the end then, with such a sharp reaction to a Wam wagon?

Wam

Smash Ace
Vote: wam

I linked a single post. The rest was expanding on my progression. If that wasn't necessary for you, you don't have to read it. Concision is pro-town, but critical reading is even more so.
What's your read on me.
This is a silly question as are all questions asked in the negative.
This is silly and forced.
Exhibit A:

First of all, neither Xivii or bessie is in this game. Treating me like I'm them is nonsensical. A hydra is obviously going to play differently than either of it's individual parts. Second, you don't actually know how either individual plays. Your experiences with Xivii is limit. Your experience with bessie is essentially non-existent. Third, my notes were up to page 4. I began scum reading you around page 18.

Chaco Chaco why did you like this post?
No, I had the thought when he made it, had there been another day in the day phase I would have likely switched off somi, but we were at EoD in a high pressure situation with little time to think. And I think your reasoning is backwards, which is standard between you and I.
Are your two brains talking as that's a dramatic switch in 25 posts.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Are your two brains talking as that's a dramatic switch in 25 posts.
No, your flip tells us how we should proceed with the game. We aren't able to draw any conclusions about the wagons yesterday without it. I also despise your Mala read.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think scumLaser pushes me as hard as he is here, cause he would know he would get yeeted when I flip since he’s been the main proponent and everyone is dismissing his case as bed.
This is a strange take considering you were informed that he tunnels as both alignments.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Why Rajam and Malakandra Are Scummates

I've been thinking about why Rajam is so obsessed with this. Night Kill Analysis is fruitless. There's nothing at all to gain from these. I think the reason he made these is that he is trying to distance himself from NSG kill by pretending that he didn't know NSG soft claimed (thus implying that he couldn't have been the one to do the kill). So he is making a show of the power-players-are-wrong theory. He keeps reiterating that not killing Fonti was a dumb kill, but it really wasn't at all. In the latter two quotes, Rajam had caught up to the point where NSG soft claimed, he knew that was the reason he was killed, so his belief that the night kill didn't make sense is incomprehensible. Furthermore, Rajam made the first post at the start of the day but had just begun to read Day 1 so it doesn't make sense for him to have come up with this theory without yet having read through to see if there was some reason NSG was killed. This is a timeframe/perspective slip. He can't simultaneously believe NSG was a weird kill without having read through to see NSG's play.

This is another example of scum filler, like I pointed out with Mala. This is such a consistent scumtell. Scum feel the need to show the full progression of their thoughts, whereas when a townie post a read on someone, they just state their current read, and only provide progression when it's actually warranted (for example if they had verbalized a strongly different read before or if the player they are speaking of was on the hot seat). There's no reason at all for Rajam to include this line here other than to give off the impression that he is isn't informed.

Alright now let's show Mala's questionable progression on Rajam D2:
This is after I called for a flash yeet. Mala put Rajam at L-2 and stayed on him throughout the next irl day and after he was put at L-1. He expressed confidence in the read here:
Which I don't know why he would have. I believe my hard push on Rajam and calling for a flash yeet put Mala in a position where he felt he needed to hard bus. The nice cleanup line stood out to me initially when he posted it. It's a bus line (or in the case of town!Rajam, an opportunistic line. Either way it's informed and not town).

Later on when the Rajam wagon was finding some relief and I was exploring Z25, Chaco, and Boom, Mala's disposition towards Rajam changed:

He went from confidently wanting to flash yeet him, comfortable with him being at L-1, to subtly trying to dissuade it.

And then near the end where we are pushing Boom yeet, he goes in for the last dab of distance:
This completely contradicts his view above about wanting Rajam to catch up. And the reasoning in this post is all over the place. It's a mash of words that doesn't actually describe why Rajam should be yeeted over Boom.

Back to Rajam:
The entirety of this post is completely nonsensical from the perspective of a townie. I'm inclined to agree with LaserGuy and think that scum!Rajam is describing a truthful situation. Only it wasn't ExLight and Z25, but him and Malakandra. Side note: If UP forgot to change the wording in the scum PMs, it makes sense why Mala thought there was no day chat and also goes along with Rajam's confusion of Frozen being the only one chatting in the scum chat.

No it doesn't.

Some final comments on Mala:
This seems to me like an overreaction. No one had a reaction like this. Based on it's over the top nature, I'm inclined to believe that Mala already knew that I wasn't Chocolate. Or maybe they thought there was a traitor? shrug. Regardless, Mala was the only one who immediately declared me as strong town for the Chocolate retraction, and I believe it's coming from a place of TMI.

@Malakandra how would my death have caused paranoia and confusion?

@Malakandra can you rephrase this. I don't understand it.

Lastly, Jackrito:

Raxxel had like five posts at this time, but Jack was willing to yeet him? This is not like town!Jack at all. It's not like town!anyone at all. And is indicative of hard distancing, similar to how Jack interacted with LaserGuy in Oasis.
I mean how come he dropped from your #1 scum pick to your #3? At the start of the day, he was your first choice.
Mala, why did Rajam return to being your top yeet candidate after this?
Mala, be honest with me, was this reaction real?
There are so, so many more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, your flip tells us how we should proceed with the game. We aren't able to draw any conclusions about the wagons yesterday without it. I also despise your Mala read.
So is this option one? Or like back up option?

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is a strange take considering you were informed that he tunnels as both alignments.
This is skewing my point. He tunnels sure, but he’s not gonna lock into a completely baseless tunnel as scum and drive a mislynch all by himself. He would get himself lynched off of that for sure. It’s to heavy of a paper trail.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
First of all, neither Xivii or bessie is in this game. Treating me like I'm them is nonsensical. A hydra is obviously going to play differently than either of it's individual parts. Second, you don't actually know how either individual plays. Your experiences with Xivii is limit. Your experience with bessie is essentially non-existent. Third, my notes were up to page 4. I began scum reading you around page 18.
The last part is far, but I don't think the beginning is. I don't see why a hydra would be overly different than the sum of its parts, it'd be weirder if they were totally different to me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco, can you expand on me/Syn not feeling t/t. Quote the posts, etc.
Their response to you in #931 as well as the other parts outlining your play. You two definitely aren’t both town. There’s no progression only what Syn is speaking there. I really dislike the part of using you catching Frozen in Midnight as a platform to say you’re pocketing him here with it. I think it’s more indicative of Frozen here then you.

The only thing that is holding me off of Syn right now is the notes. Cause that’s a whole ASS LOAD OF EFFORT to just appear town without being.

Chaco

Never Logs In
He also pushed on the Boom elim as well iirc. But Xivii and I drove that I’m pretty sure.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think the only way Laser could even possibly be scum here is if it was with Synchronicity. Two completely opposing view points and both speaking them out. Synch votes Wam after Laser says lynching for info is the losing move, and Lasers vote is on Synch, but it’s merely a backup for his place in the underground city he’s building.

I don’t think it’s natural to both speak those out and move on them in such a weird timing.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Several posts together:
Over the course of an hour, you voted two people (Syn, Chaco), and attacked four other (Sabrar, Wam, Boomfrog and me). Your last vote on Chaco was an immediate reaction to his Somi case, and while I disagree with your logic, I can understand why you felt like you caught something. You clearly do not care about pissing people off, and are striking out wherever and whenever you see things that ping you. You go after targets people are townreading and scumreading and who are stronger and weaker players without differentiating. You have no agenda, you are just trying to figure this out, albeit in a rough way, and that makes you town.
Spoiler quotes got messed up on the original, my bad.

Phone pings not working, this is for Kary and Syn.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think the only way Laser could even possibly be scum here is if it was with Synchronicity. Two completely opposing view points and both speaking them out. Synch votes Wam after Laser says lynching for info is the losing move, and Lasers vote is on Synch, but it’s merely a backup for his place in the underground city he’s building.

I don’t think it’s natural to both speak those out and move on them in such a weird timing.
I have no ****ing clue about what you're trying to say.

fontisian

Smash Champion
BoomFrog BoomFrog There was interaction between you and Laser d1 that looked unaligned, idr what exactly. The post was more like if laser!town, then boom maybe mafia backing him up, not an actual push. I'm leery of pushing you when I think you rub me the wrong way (alignment wise) in general.

fontisian

Smash Champion

No, wait, I get it.

Reactions: Wam

fontisian

Smash Champion
It was this:
Disagree with you both. Chaco's frustration at being called out on a different play style is sincere. He really feels betrayed by LaserGuy attacking him for what he thought LG should best understand out of anyone. I'm not 100% Chaco is town, but I'm 100% that he really feels LG's case is unfair.

LG this is fairly null or slightly town. Scum-LG does love to make real cases against townies and gets himself worked up into the right mindset. But I think he'd wait until later in the day to make his attack more strategicly timed.
Didn't like at the time because the defense of Chaco didn't feel right. Didn't like it later because the "betrayed" line of reasoning feels tmiy and the he preemptively defended Laser, while leaving the door open for other people to push him with that ". Scum-LG does love to make real cases against townies and gets himself worked up into the right mindset" line.

Wam

Smash Ace
Vote: wam

I linked a single post. The rest was expanding on my progression. If that wasn't necessary for you, you don't have to read it. Concision is pro-town, but critical reading is even more so.
What's your read on me.
Exhibit A:

Chaco Chaco why did you like this post?
No, I had the thought when he made it, had there been another day in the day phase I would have likely switched off somi, but we were at EoD in a high pressure situation with little time to think. And I think your reasoning is backwards, which is standard between you and I.
Are your two brains talking as that is a bit of a big swing in
Their response to you in #931 as well as the other parts outlining your play. You two definitely aren’t both town. There’s no progression only what Syn is speaking there. I really dislike the part of using you catching Frozen in Midnight as a platform to say you’re pocketing him here with it. I think it’s more indicative of Frozen here then you.

The only thing that is holding me off of Syn right now is the notes. Cause that’s a whole ASS LOAD OF EFFORT to just appear town without being.
I can easily see Bessie having the notes as either alignment. Esp as the botes only go to page 4.

Wam

Smash Ace
Ebwop that was only meant to be the bottom half dont know how I managed to add my previous post to it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Hey BoomFrog BoomFrog , talk about this:
You came in at eod trying to figure out where you were going to vote, and thinking about the Chaco wagon:
Did LaserGuy never explain his revote of Chaco? I feel like the Chaco wagon sucks and probably had scum on it.
The peak of the Chaco wagon looked like this:
Vote Count 1.9

Chaco (4): Kary, LaserGuy, Wam, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (3): BoomFrog, Sabrar, Malakandra
Wam (2): FrozenFlame, Malakandra
Fontisian (1): Dark Horse
Kary (1): Synchronicity
Somitomi(1): Chaco
Laserguy(1): Fontisian

Not Voting (2): Pythag, Somitomi

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.
Day Ends at 5 PM CST on Friday the 11th, approximately 7 hrs from this post! Live Countdown to EOD1
So, you were saying there was scum in Kary, LaserGuy, Wam, Somitomi.

The votecount at the time was:
Vote Count 1.11

Somitomi(5): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse
Chaco (3): , LaserGuy, Wam, Somitomi
Wam (3): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary
FrozenFlame (2): BoomFrog, Malakandra,

Deadline is in a little under 90 minutes from this post. With 13 alive, it takes seven to reach majority.
You voted for Wam, who was in your scum reads over Somi, who was also in your scumreads, presumably because of a lack of "momentum" on Wam.
F it. I gtg and am not sure I'll be here for deadline. I trust Sabrar slightly more the Fonti.

Vote Wam
Laser voted just after you, Wam and Somi selfpressed, and we ended up with:
Vote Count 1.13

Somitomi(6): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse, Wam
Wam (6): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary, BoomFrog, LaserGuy, Somitomi
FrozenFlame (1): Malakandra,

Deadline is in a little under 30 minutes from this post. With 13 alive, it takes seven to reach majority.
You townread Chaco, you seem to have been townreading me based on the sheer number of times you've liked my posts. The only person you called out of the four on Chaco earlier that was on Somi was Wam.

Meanwhile, the other three (Kary, Laser and Somi) all piled onto Wam at the last minute in way that clear felt to me at the time to be an attempt to save Somi.

You said:
I'd also be down for a spicy LG flash yeet if people I think are townie agree with me.
I could be convinced to go for Kary as well I think. There's nothing wrong with their play but it seems shallow. They seem competent enough to be digging deeper into motivations then they seem to be.
LG or Kary?
And let the votes sit there for minutes while it felt like your scum were clearly running up a counterwagon with you on it. And you had to wait for Syn to give you /permission/ to move:
Somi. Lg is fine too, but I'm not sure the votes are there. I just don't want to lynch wam.
You had no urgency. This may be hard to follow for some people because Somi flipped town, but Boom should have felt like his scumreads were trying to save Somi there and reacted, and instead he ****ed around talking about wagons that we didn't have time to do, and absconded all responsibility for his vote to me, Sabrar and Syn.

Vote: Boomfrog

fontisian

Smash Champion
I dont care to add more detail?
Chaco is saying he doesn't think Laser is scum because scum!Laser has no reason to push him this hard, so it's more likely town!Laser caught in a bad tunnel, but if Syn is scum, then scum!Laser does have a reason to push Chaco like this, because it sets him and Syn up on opposite sides of the town. Don't think I really agree with the premise, because scum!Laser could be setting himself up to look different from a lot of other people, like maybe /BoomFrog/.

Wam

Smash Ace
Thanks fontisian fontisian , the explanation makes sense. I agree with your doubts as laser is experienced enough to fake the tunnel.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Those notes are probably the towniest content you have posted all game.

I need to sleep on this.
Hmm...

Unvote

I don't think it's particularly likely that bessie and Xivii, as scum, would independently make detailed notes on the thread, written from a sufficiently townie point of view that if they were revealed they wouldn't show a scum agenda. It's too much work for too little gain. Fine, I guess you can be Town.

You missed this post: #764
Sorry. You said it was unimportant so I didn't read the spoiler too closely.

You're ignoring all the points for why he is town.
I haven't seen any towntells from him. His interactions with me come across as extremely TMI.

My reasoning isn't that you didn't thoroughly address it, it's that you found nothing in it to consider. Since you and I think the same, this is a red flag
Kary had been a Town lean at worst for most of the game and I've been vibing with a lot of their commentary. I thought there was a good chance you were mafia and I didn't put a lot of weight on your case.

Right, Vic was scum. So I don't get why town!you would make the same mistake. However, scum!you has a reason to do so: to maintain consistency. I referenced the B99 moment in Midnight, so scum!you would of course do something similar in order to look as if you're playing to your meta. I could see it coming from town!Laser if they were flash conclusions on someone you didn't have experience with or if they were based on points that weren't obviously invalid, but you town read Mala for reasons he was town read in Midnight, and you town read somi for playing no differently than Completely Vanilla.
My early gut reads are often some of the most accurate ones I get. My reads tend to get worse as the game goes on, if anything. I try not to lockTown people early in the game, but I assign Town leans quite regularly in the first few pages. See SS or my fairly extensive notes on Vanilla in the unspoiled chat for examples.

Somi's play in Vanilla was quite different from this game. He was very businesslike. Especially in the early part of this game, he had a very IDGAF attitude that pinged Town to me.

Mala's response to the wagon in this game was very different from my reaction to a similar situation in Dark Tower. The result may have been the same, people seeing it as being cool under pressure, but my reaction was a lot more calculated (mostly being I was trying to show FrozenFlame and marshy that I was solid). Mala's jokey self preservation vote did not come across the same way to me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco is saying he doesn't think Laser is scum because scum!Laser has no reason to push him this hard, so it's more likely town!Laser caught in a bad tunnel, but if Syn is scum, then scum!Laser does have a reason to push Chaco like this, because it sets him and Syn up on opposite sides of the town. Don't think I really agree with the premise, because scum!Laser could be setting himself up to look different from a lot of other people, like maybe /BoomFrog/.
But it goes further than that alone due to Lasers nudge at Synch, and Synch coming from a 100% Wam townread to a vote on him for info right after Laser says lynching for info is a bad move. It’s precarious timing, and it’s clear opposition.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There is nothing wrong with the question, I am asking you to explain your own actions:

Frozen is obvscum obvscum. It's actually pretty silly that we didn't yeet him yesterday looking back on it.
You don't just get to handwave away things you don't want to answer. 'Silly' seems to be doing a LOT of work for you right now.

Vote: Synchronicity

fontisian

Smash Champion
I don't think it's particularly likely that bessie and Xivii, as scum, would independently make detailed notes on the thread, written from a sufficiently townie point of view that if they were revealed they wouldn't show a scum agenda. It's too much work for too little gain. Fine, I guess you can be Town.
This is the crux of it. Are the notes actually from a real, towny pov or is Laser just spouting buzz words? Too busy to look rn, would recommend other people do some of the leg work.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It’s fake notes I think. Lists Fonti at post number #35 as shotgun scum team when t should say Gorf. So way they were edited. Laser and Synch are scum.

vote: synchronicity

Chaco

Never Logs In
Definitely fake notes. Lists Gorf maybe two lines down.

Chaco

Never Logs In
yo i hate to do this but

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun /replace

i joined under the impression that, since I have a lot more free time, I’d be good to join and play some mafia. But, while I’ve always mainly played on a laptop and only used my phone when I wasn’t home, I don’t actually have a computer (the display broke so I need a new screen or something) and my reading comprehension and rhythm for understanding the connections of posts being made with players making them is just not sharp at all. on top of that, that lousy reads list and write up on wam took me way longer than it should’ve just because of how cumbersome playing on an iPad and phone is. I realized this this morning and spoke to GLG about it, and I really think it’s only fair to replace out now so that whoever replaces me can come in without much of the game having passed without them.

i will return when I get a proper computer though, I’m super bummed that I wont be playing it out with you guys :c
Gorf replaces at #167

Top Bottom