• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Like this truthfully doesn’t even make any sense. There’s nothing telling about your case here at all other than you’re trying to force a reason to push me. It honestly makes me think of endgame midnight when you said I tried to make stuff stick to you but never could. This is even weaker. See this is why I was even afraid to tone it down cause I knew someone would try and attack it as scummy. Look at the paper trail and you’ll see that I said this even in a discussion with you. Maybe that’s how you thought of it though?
Toning it down does not mean that all of your posts should be fluff. You can make fewer posts, or shorter posts, or both and still maintain quality of posting. As you yourself said: Concision is pro-Town.

BoomFrog BoomFrog

I'm also still interested in your Frozen read as I mentioned in #122.

They basically claim that bessie voted Malak.
bessie doesn't RVS.

Is there a way to sort by author? Have we had only 1 post from the hydra?
I have an iso spreadsheet you can try if you want.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Then let me figure it out and don’t tell me how to tone it down when it was strictly at your behest. I’m here and I’m actively playing. If I’m choosing to stay out of peoples conversations and sit back, but still producing reads, what is the issue? You act as if the entire gamestate has moved forward but it only slightly has. Your content has only marginally been better than mine from my perspective as well. You fabricating a case and already backpedaling is telling enough.

Here’s the basis though, I am not going to play the same this game because I have chosen not to. Overall tonally and style wise it will be the same but hyperactivity is not gonna be the case, and I will not be the one to drive discussion. If that’s a problem for you I apologize, but you know it’s not scummy in the slightest. The game opened Monday at 5pm when I was traveling back from Tennessee and today when I was met with work I missed from being gone Labor Day weekend. Like should I have to explain that though? Paper trail for all that exists too btw on the discord.

Wam

Smash Ace
Gorf
Chaco
Frozen Flame
BoomFrog
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Pythag
Malakandra
Kary
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)
Sabrar
Dark Horse
Wam

unvote

vote wam
Am I the only one who finds these weird.

I missed booms view on gorf. Blame late reading comprehension.

Gorf sorry you had to replace. I'm trying to play on my phone mainly as well so I feel your pain! I do have a laptop for complicated bits though!

@font, when your up to speed do your reads match gorfs?

Lasers analysis on chaco is a good oeice of work. So in going to sheep and put chaco as 2nd scummiest after gorf.

Aggressive tunnels are more likely Town Sabrar actually. I have been on the receiving end of... many of them.

I'm almost positive that post was written by Xivii (timing if nothing else makes it very unlikely to come from bessie). But I expect bessie was probably consulted for parts of it, yes.
I have been kn the end of a few sabrar tunnels. I havent seen a full tunnel yet this game though.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Then let me figure it out and don’t tell me how to tone it down when it was strictly at your behest. I’m here and I’m actively playing. If I’m choosing to stay out of peoples conversations and sit back, but still producing reads, what is the issue?
You aren't producing reads. You aren't engaging with people. You aren't analyzing content. You're active lurking. That's the issue. I analyzed every post that you had made at the time I posted my case. It's in the spoiler, you can read it yourself. The overwhelming majority of your posts so far have been fluff.

You act as if the entire gamestate has moved forward but it only slightly has. Your content has only marginally been better than mine from my perspective as well. You fabricating a case and already backpedaling is telling enough.
If you think I'm scum, then make a case for it and vote for me.

Here’s the basis though, I am not going to play the same this game because I have chosen not to. Overall tonally and style wise it will be the same but hyperactivity is not gonna be the case, and I will not be the one to drive discussion.
And if that's what you were doing, I would not have a problem with it.

See this is why I was even afraid to tone it down cause I knew someone would try and attack it as scummy. Look at the paper trail and you’ll see that I said this even in a discussion with you. Maybe that’s how you thought of it though?
It actually never occurred to me that you were considering doing anything differently in this game based on that discussion.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.4

BoomFrog (3); Kary, Chaco, Malakandra
Fontisian (2): Wam, Dark Horse
Chaco (2): LaserGuy, FrozenFlame
Kary (2): Sabrar, Synchronicity
Synchronicity (1): Somitomi
Pythag (1): BoomFrog
Wam (1): Fontisian

Not Voting (1): Pythag

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.
Day Ends at 5 PM CST on Friday the 11th! Live Countdown to EOD1

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay so asking people questions and sitting back until I see something to capitalize on is now scummy?

So putting out a townread on Frozen and Mala, as well as saying you were nailing Mala’s entrance is fluff? Nailing what BoomFrog was doing might be fluff to you but it’s not, it supports the claim I can read BoomFrog. Interjecting that I don’t see defensiveness out of Gorf is fluff? You’re so caught up with how you want me to play, that you’re not gonna let me play essentially. That vote and case is so bad faith it’s not even funny. So there’s no let’s allow progression and allow a 24 hour oldstyle change take place, and what’s hilarious is how many people you sheeped with it. When it’s not even a case. There is not one single inherently scummy thing, not anything done in bad faith, and the fluff you speak of isn’t even true. I’ve been minimalistic and let people have their discussions until I want to step in. But once again, who can really have an adequate feel for you’re only posting fluff within 24 hours. Massive reach Laser, terrible case, and what’s worse is it was to accommodate you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And what’s even worse is Wam has mirrored every read so far this game, and you’re attacking me for fluff.

Here’s one thing you can always bank on Laser, when I’m town, I’m transparently town. 24 hours isn’t gonna give you that idea. So sit back and comb through your cronies who say good job, splendid good case, etc. Cause there’s scum in that 100%, if not you yourself.

The two allowances of I didn’t know you were gonna do that, or if you were doing that it would be okay... makes your case worthless. And if you can seriously read that in depth to something that isn’t there, I expect you to be able to find something out of the sheep you just stirred.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And if you want me to discuss something: Chaco Chaco
Same you would do with any other slot.

Wam

Smash Ace
I feel I'm in the wrong time zone for this game!

For Kary, chaco and malak are your boom votes serious?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is there an easy way to do this? I couldnt see a button. Happy to type the code If I have to.
top 10 ways to recognize a forum transplant.

there is no easy way to do it.
What I typically do is view their profile and look at their most recent posts.

you can also search this thread for posts by a specific name.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@ playername

Wam Wam just delete the space and the name. The HBC names are quite a bit harder though, but a drop down menu comes down when you type in @ #hbc

Reactions: Wam

Wam

Smash Ace
Having never played with chaco dont have a meta guide but the posts today make chaco look like caught guilty scum.

Test
: Chaco Chaco

Pythag Pythag

Chaco

Never Logs In
And no my Boom vote is not serious. It was a placeholder/pressure while RVS ended.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Having never played with chaco dont have a meta guide but the posts today make chaco look like caught guilty scum.

Test
: Chaco Chaco

Pythag Pythag
It works. And how so? No I’m always kind’ve abrasive. If you want more recent play you can check Midnight hosted by UtopianPoyzin, or Completely Vanilla Mafia hosted by Kary. If you want before that you’ll have to go to the game archive and start hunting my name in player lists. Somewhere around 2014 I showed back up for a game or so here and then played a few on Serene Gardens with Marshy and a few people, but before that I played here heavily from 09-12 maybe 13. While playing on MS as well.

Outline to me how Lasers case makes sense to you if you have no meta on me or my style? ISO my posts and show me what you would build a case on me off of. Since you’ve spoken up twice now I refuse to let it rest since you seem so convinced.

Chaco

Never Logs In
For the game mass as well, check the date. I can also produce the one from Monday where I say I’m traveling back 6 hours, although it took me 7. More than happy to oblige since this is what it takes. Read the below snippet. Let’s paraphrase “I don’t want to spam replies anymore without thinking about them, I want to have time to collect my thoughts and think. But I’m afraid to do that because I’ll get read differently for it.”
21CC39D3-D51F-428E-A1EA-34A271711122.jpeg

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
could you elaborate on this?

what has pinged you the most?

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Unvote
before I forget. I see the meta here is to vote someone pretty much all the time, but I'm used to a different mode of operation and I'm gonna need a minute to decide where it should go next.
And no my Boom vote is not serious. It was a placeholder/pressure while RVS ended.
Well, which one is it? I'm not sure those things overlap
Vote you for not* using dark mode
I know, right? At least put up a brightness warning.

Chaco

Never Logs In
somitomi somitomi It was to put pressure onto Boom cause as stated previously I wanted to sort him first. I want his reactions to L-2, cause it gave me a town read off of Mala’s. But essentially just a placeholder on one of the two wagons. Out of the two Mala would be easier for me to read, so I chose the one that is more troubling to put my vote to. Even though I have a pretty good BoomFrog grasp.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
do you think there's no way that DH v Gorf could have been TvT?
I don't, but it seems like you're townreading DarkHorse because Gorf attacked him, which only makes sense if you think Gorf is scum. If you think Gorf is town, then townreading someone else for being attacked by Gorf makes no sense. You can townread them for other reasons, but then why bring the Gorf attack up in your DarkHorse read.
Thats hard to say. The confusion about what things mean kinda muddles any impressions. I definitely get a solvy vibe, and the commentary I can understand I get, but then theres like words I don't understand at all, bunch of old people references smh. I can't help but read it with like an old mystic sage voice in my head, which is really killing my ability to get impressions even more, but makes it incredibly enjoyable to read. Nothing from what I understand sticks out badly, so i guess towny vibes from it. But I'm not willing to trust a Xivii/Bessie slot that easily.
Man, I can feel that, but bessie will probably not like that.
Yes. I'm keeping my vote on Kary because it wasn't completely random.
Can you elaborate on your reasoning?
Lasers analysis on chaco is a good oeice of work. So in going to sheep and put chaco as 2nd scummiest after gorf.
Why do you think Gorf/Fontisian is scummy?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Chaco have you seen malek react badly to pressure as scum? And no one has a good boomfrog read.
Let me live in my illusion that I do. Lol. You’re gonna make me second guess them a lot now. But I believe that is all the more telling of why it’s more pertinent to sort Boom first.
Chaco gets called out that he shouldn't have a read on BoomFrog yet and his reaction is like "haha yeah I guess I'm not sure eh". It feels like he's trying to defuse the situation by agreeing with the criticism without actually addressing it. I can understand a light town read on Mala but I have no idea how you get to a read on Boom by this point, it's bonkers. Chaco in general seems a bit air-headed, empty. Like his question to me in RVS didn't seem to go anywhere it was just about making conversation.

this is so unlike your approach as my mate in vanilla mafia that I'm inclined to just gut townread you for now lmao
oh **** maybe you're just outplaying me by tone shifting just like I did from midnight ops to vanilla mafia :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
This sudden reversal or hedging on his own read rubs me the wrong ways. Like he was reading back over his post and realized he had committed too much to a read. The 'lmao' and especially the emojis aren't what I expect from frozen either. he's posting a lot more than I expected and seems to be committing a lot of words over little things, but then this line comes along and it's markedly different, it's a one-line thought he then immediately doubles back on.

I'll address this elephant as well.

the fact that DH asks this followup question and not Kary made me do a double take. when literally thought it was DH who told pythag to pick a wagon and then followed up with the why. interesting confluence in interest between these two slots on pythag's rationale, if one of these slots flips scum this is an interesting connection to look at
Yes it is weird that DH was piggybacking on my Pythag push.
I don't know why you decided to lay this out in the thread, postponing any thoughts until after a flip, rather than trying to follow it up at the time.
And I find it hard to believe you really think this might be a coordinated plan to push Pythag of all people. I can't help it if mafia want to buddy me, all I can do is be aware of it and try and figure out who is really on the same wavelength as me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary That’s not even contextual. Boom hadn’t even begun to post yet, of course I wouldn’t have a read on their slot yet. I meant a good grasp on their play altogether. Of course I’m going to not address it fully because there was nothing to address. I say I have a pretty good grasp of Boom that’s why I’m going there to see how they react Wam says no one ever has a good read on Boom, I say let me live in my illusion that I do. How is that a read on Boom? I’ve yet to put a read out on Boom this game. Sooo what was the point of the above? Or did you just not read it in context?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What would you like to understand?
Woof!

Chris Angel... sawing his assistant in half
:

LaserGuy (4) - jimbobmacdoodle, yoloswag, FrozenFlame, SDK
Cinderella... berated by the stepmother. Her daughters favored:
A fish escapes the net of the slumbering seamen.
An elephant being pushed through a barn door.
Sokath...his eyes uncovered.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary That’s not even contextual. Boom hadn’t even begun to post yet, of course I wouldn’t have a read on their slot yet. I meant a good grasp on their play altogether. Of course I’m going to not address it fully because there was nothing to address. I say I have a pretty good grasp of Boom that’s why I’m going there to see how they react Wam says no one ever has a good read on Boom, I say let me live in my illusion that I do. How is that a read on Boom? I’ve yet to put a read out on Boom this game. Sooo what was the point of the above? Or did you just not read it in context?
No no no. I’m saying you put me at the very top because I said I had a good grasp of your slot and it’s to mess with me subtly. I think you’re legitimately town reading me, but idk why I would be the top slot. You do have a lot of exposure to me as town though. Probably more than anyone in recent games sans Xivii, FF, and anyone else who was in all 3 recent games. But I think that’s it? I didn’t count Somi because they replaced out of Midnight.
???

Malakandra

Smash Lord
You should trust no one in this game easily, if you are town.
I'm definitely not. I'm already kinda sus of the prople who played with me and midnight and are town leaning me for my entrance when I was able to do similar stuff last game.
For Kary, chaco and malak are your boom votes serious?
No, I just haven't seen anything that's made me want to unvote, and nothing that's made me really want to vote someone else.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So it’s everyone else’s fault that they interpreted you wrong?

also all the people that said gorf was defensive, this is almost the exact same defense, so I really to see some consistency.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

while I definitely didn’t understand all of it, I think the post has a town feel and purpose.

I could elaborate more in maybe 2 hours

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I was under the impression that you were townreading Boom. If you were just talking about 'your ability to read Boom correctly in general' then yeah I just misunderstood, but I feel like the point still stands, that you were challenged on something and you kind of deferred, laughed about it.

Thats boom townreading me...
You said you thought his read was legit... that to me suggested you thought his read was real and not fake, and so he was town.

If this is all hypothetical, what is your read on Boom, then?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was under the impression that you were townreading Boom. If you were just talking about 'your ability to read Boom correctly in general' then yeah I just misunderstood, but I feel like the point still stands, that you were challenged on something and you kind of deferred, laughed about it.

You said you thought his read was legit... that to me suggested you thought his read was real and not fake, and so he was town.

If this is all hypothetical, what is your read on Boom, then?
No I have no stated any read on Boom. So yes you misunderstood. The point can’t stand because there’s no point in elaborating at that conjecture. It’s something that is stated as a whole, and Wam says no not anyone does, am I going to go back and quote posts where I sorted him incorrectly and correctly on D1 to support why I feel I can sort him? That doesn’t even make any sense.

Overall I have not sorted Boom yet. He’s waffled his stance of me post Laser “case”, and produced a read list that I don’t understand how he’s done with the amount of content across the board. The scum reads aren’t solid, and a few town reads I could understand but overall, no. He hasn’t been active enough yet to produce a solid read yet, and I’m not just gonna toss a read out if I’m uncertain. So still null for now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also for clarification, I called a Boom out for putting me at the top of his town reads when I wasn’t The top town read. It was for him to mess with me. That’s why I said I think his read on me is legit town, but not top.

Wam

Smash Ace
Will respond in detail to the queries when I'm home with a laptop. But Chaco Chaco I also thought you were claiming a boom town read.

Top Bottom