• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There's a reason you're happy that DHD is in, so what is it?

Why are you happy the Duck Hunt Dog is a playable character?

• Total voters

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I'm only 18, so I never got to experience Duck Hunt for myself, but I was completely aware of the legacy that the Dog has impacted... even if most of the things I've seen were people trying to shoot the Dog in vain.:joyful:
I think he looks incredibly fun to play, not to mention that I know that he will bring back a whole lot of memories to those that have played Duck Hunt, and I was pleased to see the appreciation of such an old, yet well known character.:4duckhunt:
But I'm also aware that to others, he will be their version of the sandbag.:wifi:
As I'm sure, practically everyone here in this character forum is happy to see the Duck Hunt Dog in Smash, but I'm curious to see which reason is the reason YOU wanted him in. (of course, both being the reasons seems incredibly plausible as well, so that will also be an option).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm happy that DHD proves I'm right and the detractors (you know who you are) are wrong.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Because the fans wanted him and Sakurai/Namco listened to us!

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
He's character I like to hate, but I still like the guy. Plus he kind of gives me vibes of old Looney Tunes cartoons and the like.

Spirst

Because he's a character I never even imagined would be a fully-fledged fighter in Sm4sh. I've played Duck Hunt a few times when I was younger, as well as Smash 64 (which I played really often), and I never imagined the two would overlap. Duck Hunt really is a unique character.

That, and his model is amazing.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Because I get to play as the duck from Duck Hunt. I don't really care about the dog itself, but those annoying ducks will finally be mine to control.

I also really love retro characters.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Because they look like a lot of fun to play, and have a nice moveset to boot. The references to the other NES Zapper games was a great idea.

D

Deleted member

Maybe the fact that they're a freaking dog (best animal ever) and a duck (2nd best animal ever)! And the design.
They look absolutely gorgeous. The redesign has worked wonders on the character! Not to mention he has a really cool moveset. I'm not going to elaborate that much, because there isn't much I can say or put into words. Duck Hunt is just awesome!

And where is the petition for a Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor starring this character? Using third person gunshots for combat or to solve Zelda-esque puzzles with the Gamepad screen/Wii mote motion controls/3DS touch screen? Those TNT cans to blow stuff up like a complete boss? The Clay Pigeon to cut ropes from far-away? Duck airstrike meter? The infamous laugh as an S-Rank victory pose? The Gunman as CPU allies like other commanders in Hyrule Warriors? The Legend of Duck Hunt: Banjo of the Ages.
Somebody make this petition now :4duckhunt::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::4duckhunt: Can we get an emoticon for the Duck as well?

Top Bottom