• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on what Meta Knight is "SPOILERS"

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
I got this idea from a similar thread.
A lot of fans have noticed that behind his mask, Meta is actually a blue Kirby.
I'll leave the anime out of this.
Now this raises questions, why doesn't he copy abilities then?
A possible answer is: he already has them permanently!
Think about it, Meta Knight is obviously a Mature Kirby if he's from that species.
What if Kirbies permanently grow their copy abilities onto them after a certain age?
It would be perfectly plausible as Meta Knight has demonstrated several similar attacks to Kirby's copy abilities.

Tornado: The Mach Tornado he uses in Super Star and Brawl is obvious, and possibly the gigantic tornado attack he sends at you from a range from super star and Squeek Squad (I'm not counting Amazing Mirror as that was his Dark counterpart) could also be related to this.

Fire: In Squeek Squad one of his attacks involves charging a second and then letting out a circle formed blast of fire.

Spark/Plasma: In Squeek Squad he sometimes stabs up releasing electricity around him as a defensive technique.

Sword: If you don't notice this, you have a big problem.

Hammer: In the Amazing mirror you can aquire Meta Knights sword as an actual Copy ability.
Strangely it's able to pound down normally Hammer/Stone exclusive Wooden stacks.

Wing: "Points at bat wings"

Burning: His Drill rush attack from Brawl/Amazing Mirror Ability is extremely similar.

Cutter: Well the cutter sword I guess...

Ninja: The sword related attacks obviously and in the escape sequence in Super Star he throws replicates of his sword that dash along the grounds, possibly similar to the knife throw.

Suplex/Backdrop: Masahiro is Meta Knights creator so I guess his grabs in Brawl are canon.

Laser: Several of his attack include massive projectiles.

This is just my little theory on it.
Discuss.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Well, yah, they are both warpstar knights or whatever. Right? I though Kirby was a baby one or something. Or at least a mentally challenged one. >.>

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
I realize you said besides the anime, however when you do consider the anime, I always thought (from the episode that explains who the Star Warriors are) that Star Warriors carried differing abilities.
I always though that Meta Knight's "ability" was the ability to wield a sword very proficiently. As for him transforming his cape into wings, I think it could be either a magical cape or another ability of his.
And I suppose Kirby's ability is that he can copy anything he consumes.
As for their similarity in appearance, there could be something in the storyline that has never been revealed, or it could just be a coincidence. There really isn't enough proof that I know of to make any deductions at all about their appearances. I would like to say that they just happened to look similar.

Edit: @Kab: Yeah, in the anime Kirby's ship lands prematurely on Popstar, so he's still very young. He doesn't know their language and isn't very bright because of that. He gets stronger as the series progresses, but he never learns their language that I know of, aside from some names and stuff.

Raz92

Smash Rookie
maybe kirbys ability is being able to steal other peoples abilitys!!!!

or maybe metaknight cant because the mask blocks his mouth!!!!

i have no idea!!!!

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
The reason why he cant copy abilities might be because he is busy creating a vacuum to hold his mask on?

I don't know, but he sounds older than Kirby. ALso, does that mean Kirby is growing older 'cause he has the Cutter, Yo-Yo, Stone and other abilities already.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
I think maybe his mask is like Kirby's hats.

Yeah Meta's like hundreds, possibly thousands of years old.

Entropy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it seems logical that Meta Knight is a kirby.

Have any of you read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy? (Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass)

I reckon the species Kirby and MK are settles like the daemons in HDM. Once they reach a certain age they settle in the form they are currently in; I think MK was in sword form when he settled, and he has developed since then to have wings and a mask and such.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
Wow, that's exactly what I thought. I even think of it as settling like daemons. That is a great trilogy. ^^

So that brings up the question of what Kirby will settle as, if he will at all. He's kinda not the same without his inhale/copy, and he definately won't lose it in any games because of that, but I can see him being permanent Star Rod in the anime.

Raz92

Smash Rookie
he will settle in his blank form!!! he will forever copy new moves! :p

Top Bottom