• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theoretical hero rework.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
So, we all know why Hero is bad for competitive play. I want to make a new move set that reflects competitive and his canon self in DQ11. Im removing crits. Firstly, his down b is now a counter. Hero in DQ11 can counter and block attacks with his sword I think it would make sense one Hero, as he is a character that seeks to avoid damage rather than tank it. Secondly, I dont want him with his Zap line of spells. I think his side b should be Sword dance, which deals 4 slashes for 4x damage in his game (the wiki is wrong, i tested it). It would be like dancing blade but stronger and laggier. His up b would stay and his neutral b would stay the same. On to his normals. I want to make them faster and weaker. He is much less clumsy in DQ11 than in smash, so i want to change that. His jab, f-tilt, up tilt, and up air would be the same. Down tilt would be the standard sword slash of link but faster and weaker. Up smash would just have grounded hit boxes that lead into his sword and a zap effect . Forward smash would be a Zap infused downwards swing. Stronger than Roy’s, but very laggy. Down smash is 2 blasts of fire from his hands that deal moderate damage and good knock back. Dash attack now has him attacking with his shield, and gives invincibility on the shield. Strong, but like most dash attacks, risky. Air moves now. Forward air now has a flame effect as it is flame slash. It’s weaker but good for comboing. Safe on shield if spaced, but is unsafe if not spaced. Back air is a back kick with low knock back and low ending lag, making it great for combos. Does not K.O. Until sudden death percentage. His down air is now a weak spike with a long lasting hitbox with invincibility . Instead of using his sword, he rides on his shield. It’s main purpose would be to escape juggles. Extremely laggy, laggier than even Bowser back air. His final smash would be a bit different as well. Instead of being just a strong hit, its now RNG. It would be hocus pocus. It could heal all his health, kill everybody else, give him the golden status, make him giant, or do nothing. His base stats stay the same so he is still easy to combo and he would struggle in disadvantage due to his best tool to escape it cant be abused (dair). The list of moves I did not change is : Neutral b, up b, jab, f tilt, up tilt, and up air.

As for his visuals, I dont like his default costume. It would have him wear his Luminary of legend armor. Eight gets his Dragovian armor. The other alts stay the same. The 5th alt colors has his clothing colors inverted And his hair is white. The last alt has his hair turn white and his armor turns black. His language is also set to JP. Lastly, his slime and Kazan victory screens would stay. His generic sword slash screen changes to him using zoom while handing the audience a yggdrasil dew. It’s supposed to mean that he gives the beaten fighter a healing item. (Yggdrasil dew fully heal)

I overall just think it more reflects how he plays in dragon quest overall, especially since hero is actually better as a physical fighter in dragon quest rather than a spell caster.

Top Bottom