• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The year is 20xx, Melee Fox for DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
Lemme start by saying this thread is no joke, just hear me out before u chew me out for making the worst DLC suggestion yet. Anyways from Smash 64 to Smash 4 I'm sure it's quite obvious to everyone Fox has received the most changes to him out of every character and most of these changes in my opinion have been for the worse. Just look at these 2:

Quite a difference isnt it, the Fox from Smash 4 and the one Melee have become so different that I don't even see them as the same character anymore. One is a total badass with 0 emotion, and the other is a character that makes people laugh unintentionally. Now I'm not suggesting Sakurai make a SSS tier character, Melee Fox would obviously not be godlike again in this game. I would want to buff what this Fox was famous tho for like using the reflector/shine in combos, getting early kills off an up smash and make him the king at edgeguarding

Moveset
To make things easier I'll list a moveset with changes from Sm4sh Fox to Melee Fox

Buffs (+)
-
Shine startup time reduced (Frame 5 > 2 or 3)
-Shine can be jump cancelled
-Shine now semi spikes airborne opponents (Equal to the shine spike in Brawl)
-Up Smash kills slightly earlier (10%~)
-Up Smash has more horizontal range in the back
-Good voice actor

Nerfs (-)
-Shine can't reflect projectiles
-Fox Illusion puts you in free fall and has more lag
-Run Speed slightly decreased
-Firefox damage and range decreased
-FAir sucks again
-Weight lowered
-FTilt back hitbox removed making pivot combos impossible
-Jab IASA time increased (no jab locks for this Fox)
-Fall Speed Decreased
-Blaster is the same as Falco's burst blaster (Less range and power)

Neutral changes
-BAir changed to it's melee form
-DAir no longer launches opponents
-Give him the missed SSmash from 64
-DThrow no longer launches opponents, rather puts them in a tech chase situation
-Pummel DMG increased but speed decreased

This may not seem like enough of a trade off to make Melee Fox not op but alot of the things that made melee Fox so broken will have died with the melee engine changes like waveshines, chain grabs, and the guaranteed shine spikes which are now easily air dodge-able.

Some questions I'll answer early so I don't have to hear them later

Q: Why waste their time with a character like Melee Fox when we could get a unique character instead
A: Well the amount of time Sakurai's team would have to put in this character would be abysmally small, with some moveset, graphic, and voice changes to the original Fox the character would be nearly complete. I'm sure it'd be even easier than making Lucina.

Q: How is the announcer going to say his name since we can't have 2 "Fox"
A: Well I was thinking he could just say "Melee Fox," but that question may answer itself once the Fire Emblem "Roy," is released.

Q: Why would anyone want to use normal Fox if we get Melee Fox
A: Well they both have their own perks to them. Melee Fox is a glass cannon who must rely on closing in on the opponent and can easily be camped out. Whereas Sm4sh Fox excels at punishing whiffs and can force an approach option from the opponent but has below avg shield pressure

Q: Sakurai said he wanted to make this game more noob friendly and Melee Fox is the complete opposite of that
A: Well he was extremely technical in Melee but the only technical thing he's got left without wavedashing is multishining. Also with custom controls and a larger frame window (if shine has frame 2 or 3 activation) I doubt it'll be that hard. Also anyone who's watched MySmashCorner's videos would know saying Smash 4 isn't technical is BS

Thx alot for reading thru all of this, I know this is a stretch but there must be some people out there besides me who feel nostalgic whenever they watch a video of Hax's Fox. Lemme know wut u guys think about this, I hope it isn't as bad of an idea as I'm sizing it up to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom