• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst thing about duck hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Duck Hunt has some flaws but by far the biggest flaw is how inconsistent his properties are. I'll give some examples off the top of my head.

• The gunman will protect you from all of MegaMan's projectiles... EXCEPT for his sawblade.
  • Gunman's bullets can be reflected, but not absorbed.
  • The Frisbee will protect us from samus's fully charged B, but not some of her other projectiles
its really a pain because I have to go learn how the gunman and Frisbee react to different moves. This causes so much confusion and surprises "that move destroyed my Frisbee but the other didn't?"

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I honestly don't see what the issue is. Sinply learn the propertiesof his moves if you wish to ppursue the character. What you're describing isn't even inconsistency and a lot of moves act in the the same way.

MegaMan's sawblade has a piercing property and will go through multiple targets.
Some projectiles that can also be reflected by not absorbed: Lloid Rocket, Yoshi Eggs, Bowser Jr Cannon, Samus Missles, etc. Etc.
Frisbee has a hurtboxx of its own and will clash and cancel out other projectiles. Another projectile like this is lloid rocket.

Not sure what the problem is...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Megaman's metal blades go through pretty much everything anyway, Ness can only absorb energy/elemental based projectiles anyway and a bullet is a solid projectile so that definitely makes sense that the bullet can't be absorbed by Ness, I dunno about Rosalina though cause as much as I play her I almost never use her down special. I dunno about Samus though cause I've never fought Samus as DHD or DHD as Samus.

CourageHound is right though, inconsistent or not it's something to learn to put in your muscle memory if you plan on getting better with DHD just like those of us who use Pac-Man had to deal with that random chance of being able to just Bair the hydrant once to send it flying while other times we gotta do Bair into forward tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom