• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "What do you want to see buff/nerf wise for each character" poll!!!

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Like the title says, This is pretty much a poll for what buffs/nerfs you want to see for a character. The Top 3 most suggested ideas for each character will show up on this post (Below).

FAQ:

Why am I posting this? To see how many of these changes come true.

[This] Character isn't showing up? If a character isn't there, it means nobody has suggested anything.

What does the number after the suggestion mean? it means how many times the idea was suggested.

Here are my Votes:

:4kirby::
Slightly faster air speed

Final Cutter range changed back to how it was in Brawl

Up Throw KOs at 130 - 140%

:4jigglypuff::
Less startup and ending lag on Sing, and opponents falling to sleep more.

Less startup and ending lag on up tilt and all smashes

More followups from up tilt.

And now, here are the current results (May be outdated, check the last edited date below to find out when)

:4kirby:KIRBY:4kirby:
Slightly faster air speed (1)

Final Cutter range changed back to how it was in Brawl (1)

Up Throw KOs at 130 - 140% (1)
:4jigglypuff:JIGGLYPUFF:4jigglypuff:

Less startup and ending lag on Sing, and opponents falling to sleep more. (1)

Less startup and ending lag on up tilt and all smashes (1)

More followups from up tilt. (1)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I vote for Jigglypuff buffs, I have a few others I'd like to vote for but I'm dead tired, I'll do them tomorrow.
I said:
For :174:s, what I really want to see is a new "shield stagnation" mechanic on Pound(:GCR::GCB:), for example if Pound hits the opponent while their shielding, it should only do the exact same amount of damage to the shield that it currently does but with a new side effect. The side effect is that the shield can't regenerate for 15 seconds, which means shield is no longer safe on Jigglypuff, which would mean Puff would now have another way around one of her most detrimental weaknesses this game.
Sadly though, this is what I'm actually expecting to get instead:
I said:
We get a damage and knockback nerf to:4sheik: that won't actually address her problems.
Along with others, :4palutena::4charizard::4dedede: all get moderate buffs, while :4samus::4mewtwo::4zelda: get these crappy buffs that don't really help them much but hey, at least it shows the devs care! Meanwhile,:4jigglypuff:will continue to sit in her weird corner of shame AKA continue to be ignored forever and fall closer to the bottom tier.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
All right here comes my ideas.
Dedede: Slight decrease in fall speed, decrease on startup and ending time for fair and bair, FIX THE HITBOX ON DAIR, and take away the whole Gordo reflect thing.
Robin: Remove the time gimmicks. Enough said.
Samus: Hitboxes. All the hitboxes. Fix them, PLEASE.
Marth: Make the tip a bit easier to land.
Zelda: Reduce ending lag on some of her moves.
Meta Knight: Increase damage output and range of smashes. Also killing of downsmash.
Greninja: Increase travel distance of Up B and increase shield breaking of Side B.

Top Bottom