• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The weirdest thing happened

PANKCLAW

Smash Rookie
:glare: I was playing brawl online in team battle and i was playing as link and playing a pretty decent game, i managed too kill one of his team mates and the(soon to be hacker) killed one of mine and it seemed like we would be going into "Sudden Death" well we did and i jumped and did a downward trust and simultaneously killed him and his partner. so i saved the replay 'cause i never ended a sudden death that fast. When i replayed it the ending was different he somehow changed it where he killed me and my teammate...How is that possiable? Is there anyway i can change it back?

PANKCLAW

Smash Rookie

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I also have encountered this glitch... twice!

I only recently stumbled upon this glitch you refer to within the last few weeks. Twice in fact. And that was after I had saved well over 2000 online replays. In both instances, the main 2 minute portion replayed normally as it did before. But in sudden death, that is where they both de-sync from the way I remember it. In both cases I taunted after a kill when they originally happened, but in the replays my finishing move misses the target. It definitely looks peculiar for both myself and the target to just stand still after a miss and a taunt. Then it speeds up really fast, and the target is finished off by other means instead. I suspect it goes extra fast to compensate for the typical slow-mo that normally finishes a match. At least that's my theory for now.

Anyway neither match seemed spectacular at first. In fact I was thinking of deleting them until I noticed just how drastically different they ended. Because of such unexpected glitches, I now try to save even some of the more mundane matches, just in case the replays are out of sync. It's just odd that it took me over 2000 replays before I encountered the first one out of sync, only to run into a second one a week later....

PANKCLAW

Smash Rookie
Thanks Daivd Wonn your info was really helpful. My theory was that he rewinded in sudden death like in a online emulator. But, then again it happened so fast it probably desynced

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It's even weirder with Pokémon Trainer!

Since the last time I posted, I have been encountering this glitch more frequently. In some cases the winner ends up being a different player, but it gets really weird when a Pokémon Trainer is in the mix:

I was in Basic Brawl but had to leave before the match started. (I'd never go idle in a serious Team Battle, though, just in casual Basic Brawls.) Another player was also idle, so that left it into a 1 vs. 1. Amazingly neither of us idle players were killed, and the two active players killed each other once to allow Sudden Death. I just barely returned in time to pull off Snake's codec in the final seconds of the normal round. Then when Sudden Death started, I remember the Falco killing the Ivysaur pretty early. However (possibly due to lag) in the replay the Ivysaur manages to successfully evade Falco's killing up-smash by transforming. Falco then kills me (which he didn't do originally since I was being mostly a pacifist calling Snake's codecs.) Meanwhile, the Charizard that shouldn't even be there transforms again, but this time just his trainer's Pokéball remains on the screen for at least 15 seconds! Squirtle didn't even appear until Falco died from a Bob-omb. At this point the speed increases as it often does in glitched replays, but the idle Kirby wins instead.

Moral of the story? I only saved the replay to see what happened later while I was away. You never know what you might miss!

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Something similar happened to me. Was in an SD as G-dorf against a C. Falcon. He went for a sideB but I immediatly spot dodged and jabbed him which KO'ed him. I saved the replay for the hell of it to look at it. When SD came up, it showed him suiciding by jump and Falcon Kick. I looked at my character and I seemed to be jabbing the air like an idiot......

Top Bottom