• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The weirdest hacking problem i've dealt with (need help!)

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Before I explain I hope this post is in the right place, if not, sorry about that.

Okay so one day when I loaded ssbb hacks using homebrew channel (using Gecko 1.9.3.1), 3 things happened: 1) the hacks didn't work even though the sd codes were found, 2) my wii (ver. 4.2) doesn't respond to anything I do on any gamecube controllers, except for the wii remote I used, and 3) when I press the wii menu button on the wii remote and choose to go to the wii menu, it freezes on the black screen before it could get there. In response, I installed riivolution for 4.2 and tried that out, but after I launched the brawl hacks with it, it freezes on the black screen before it shows the ssbb loading screen. All this started happening on some random day, it was working fine one day, but the next day this mess started happening.

I'm not sure if this information is helpful but I tried riivolution on another person's wii whose version is 4.0 using my sd card and the same thing happened, but of course it still works for the owner's sd card.

I even tried riivolution with a brand new sd card on my wii and it still didn't work.

I hope this actually makes sense. Any advice, suggestions, or solutions please? I miss my hacks a lot and there are some new stuff I wanna add to it as well.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Okay! My hacks are starting to work again after not using my sd card for a while (which is weird). However, theres only one problem that still remains. My wii doesn't respond to any of my gamecube controllers, but it does respond to my wii remotes. Another thing that i've found out that MAY solve this ******** mystery is after Gecko says "Sd Codes Found" when loading brawl with it, thats the point where it doesn't reply to my GC controllers anymore (I loaded brawl with Gecko using my GC controller btw).

In relation when I choose to go back to the wii menu after brawl loads, instead it freezes on the black screen. Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom