• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wave Scuttle

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone I have figured out a new technique for Luigi. Now apparently it is something samus has after here super wavedash but it hasn't been discovered for Luigi yet and it functions a little bit differently.

Ok here is the wave scuttle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQCF6s8THM&feature=youtu.be

Essentially you crawl the other direction during a wavedash and you crawl super fast. However it only works when you are facing right! Facing left, as shown in the video doesn't have the same result.

I personally know Strong Bad so I have given him the video and he will take it to the PMBR, where they will decide to make it work for both directions or take it out completely. So we will just see what happens!

Fenrikaz

Smash Rookie
Vut! The crawl looks like a free wavedash backwards, and it's fast.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
if only that worked going forwards.. itd be a great approach option lol.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Yeah once again I reported it so hopefully the PMBR will support it, I think it would be something that could be added to Luigi. How fast it is is dependent on how good the wavedash initially is. Also, as shown in the video, you can down smash out of it as well.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Dang, I thought I discovered this haha. I accidentally did it during a lab and have used it in tournament matches to my advantage. It cracks people up and allows for really quick responses. Try wavedashing forward, scuttle back and immediately use a smash. It looks beautiful and is great for dodging then punishing. I've been trying to find other uses for it, but its an amazing feature for Luigi

Top Bottom