• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uses of the Jab

Geou

Smash Apprentice
So I'm pretty sure Mario's A is a very important move to him, and so I want to make sure I know about all of its possible chains. Am I doing these chains right?

- Jab, Jab, Kick
This is good against spot dodging, but the kick is kinda slow and can get you grabbed if the opponent is shielding.

- Jab, Down Smash
You jab, then wait a half second, then down smash? I guess you have to do it quickly so they can't shield.

- Jab, Grab
Like above, you have to wait a half second I believe... but usually the opponent is too far away to grab... Mario's grab range is very short.

- Jab, Jab, Forward Smash
Two jabs this time, then wait a half second, then forward smash.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
This is called Jab cancelling. It's basically same concept, except you just do jab crouch, jab crouch repeat or jab jab crouch, jab jab crouch repeat.. You get my drift. For Mario, it sets him unbelieveable amount of possiblities and usages of it. The one I like doing most is doing is doing a jab cancell to a dthrow. It helps starts off a utilts and aerial domination

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Jab cancel = canceling jabs :]

Jab lock = If opponent misses a tech, jab, walk forward, jab, all the way across the stage..

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I used it once, some guy thought he'd counter pick me in Luigi's Mansion, and I remember reading a down throw -> jab lock combo in Luigi's Mansion.. so I did that =]

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so the chains in my first post will work with jab canceling. Definitely beats waiting a half second, haha. Jab locking seems situational, but I'll be sure to try it when the situation presents itself. Thanks, guys.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Can't his Jab, like, semi lock someone against a wall?

I've it happen on Corneria and Mario locked a Fox up against the wall for quite a few jab strings and then finally USmash him to his death. I dunno if that was just Bad DI on the Fox's part though <__<;;;

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
i personally main Mario and i do use jab canceling in my game play it works very well. it takes some getting use to but it's like second nature after awhile.

Top Bottom