• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Tournament - You Choose Some of the Participants

PF9

Smash Lord
Alright, after I unlock everyone, in my copy of the game I'm going stage a tournament featuring one rep from every franchise represented in Smash (Mario, DK, Wario and Yoshi are counted as one franchise here). As 16 franchises have one representative, they automatically get their lone representative in. But since there are only 29 total franchises (counting all the Marioverse branches as one) in Smash, 3 franchises will be represented twice. I've chosen the first franchise that will get such an honor - Pokemon, with Pikachu and Pichu, my primary and secondary mains. You get to vote on the representatives from the other franchises with multiple reps, including two wild cards. Voting ends January 7.

Automatically in:

Bayonetta
Captain Falcon
Cloud
Duck Hunt
Ice Climbers
Inkling
Little Mac
Mega Man
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Pac-Man
Pichu
Pikachu
R.O.B.
Shulk
Snake
Sonic
Wii Fit Trainer

Characters to be voted on:

Marioverse:
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Dr. Mario
King K. Rool
Luigi
Mario
Peach
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Yoshi

Fire Emblem:
Chrom
Corrin
Ike
Lucina
Marth
Roy
Robin

The Legend of Zelda:
Ganondorf
Link
Sheik
Toon Link
Young Link
Zelda

Metroid:
Dark Samus
Ridley
Samus
Zero Suit Samus

Kid Icarus:
Dark Pit
Palutena
Pit

Kirby:
King Dedede
Kirby
Meta Knight

Mii/Super Smash Bros.:
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Swordfighter

Star Fox:
Falco
Fox
Wolf

Animal Crossing:
Isabelle
Villager

Castlevania:
Richter
Simon

Earthbound:
Lucas
Ness

Street Fighter:
Ken
Ryu

You can choose one character from each of the above franchises as your nominal representative, as well as two characters not already chosen (one per franchise) as "wild cards" as to bring the total participants in the tournament to 32. No, you can't choose another Pokemon for the wild cards.

NOTE: I had to edit my post when I realized I miscounted the # of total franchises.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Donkey Kong
Roy
Zelda
Ridley
Dark Pit
King Dedede