• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Snake Finisher

WwwWario

Smash Ace
So, with Snake being my main in PM, I found a very cool and very effective strategy when the opponent have high damage. You know the ultimate strategy with shooting your enemy with his new Side Special (can't remember the name), making them sleep, and stick a C4 on? Well, listen to this:

When they have pretty high damage, I plant down a fully charged mine (down special). Then, whenever I and my opponent are somewhat close to the mine, I grab them. At this point, they are doomed. Place them down, then shoot your side special to the opposite direction of your placed mine. Now, they have to roll out of this to get back up. (as far as I know). If they roll one way, they will hit the mine and die. If they roll the other, they will get hit by your gun, falling asleep. And since you shoot it immediately after they start rolling, they can't dodge it.

So, to put it simple: Place a mine and grab them somewhat close to it. Place them down, and shoot the Sleep Gun in the direction where you didn't place the mine. Since they have to roll either left or right, they will get hit by either your mine (and die) or your Sleep Gun. If they fall asleep, simply go put a C4 on them, grab them, squeeze them a few times for the sake of being a boss, throw 'em up, and blast off. Win. >: )

This has worked every time I've used it. It's just SO fun to think, when I have grabbed them, and a mine is next to me, I can think with confidence: Lol, you're dead, pal.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Or they can just lay there, get up attack or get up normally. There's not really much purpose in getting an overcomplicated read when you can just skip all this and up throw -> c4.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to make you feel bad. I'm really just trying to make you aware that in a competitive situation, there can be obvious holes in combos/strings. I'm sure this setup could work, but I think it's a one trick pony type of situation. Once you use it, it will probably never work again.

Although, if you aren't very competitive this doesn't matter.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I don't mean to make you feel bad. I'm really just trying to make you aware that in a competitive situation, there can be obvious holes in combos/strings. I'm sure this setup could work, but I think it's a one trick pony type of situation. Once you use it, it will probably never work again.

Although, if you aren't very competitive this doesn't matter.
I understand :) I try to play competitive, but I don't play in any competitions or anything, so, haha :) Thanks for da feedback :)

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Alternatively, toss the opponent into the mine, then detonate the C4.

Also, Snake's Side Special is the tranquilizer gun, or just the tranq for short.

Top Bottom