• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Lucas Thread [MOTHER3 Spoilers]

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
The purpose of this thread is to list everything we know about Lucas, Brawl and otherwise, and also speculation and probable stuff about him. I am REALLY looking forward to maining Lucas; I screamed like a little girl when I saw the update.

Lucas. Most people don't know him as much as people like me, vesperview, etc do, so I've decided to use all of my knowledge about Lucas to make people more aware of him, and how great MOTHER/3 is.

-WHAT WE KNOW-

Moveset:
Utilt-Mentally Powered Flip kick
Bair-Faces down and kicks backwards
Grab-Himohebi (spelling?) (AKA Rope Snake)
Dsmash-PK Barrage on the ground

Side B-PK Fire
Down B-PK Magnet
Up B-PK Thunder
Neutral B-PK Freeze

Entrance: Rides in on a Mr Saturn Tea Table

Character:
Lucas (Japanese name-リユカ;Riyuka) is the son of a family that the Game Boy Advance game, MOTHER3 focuses on. MOTHER3 was originally planned for the Nintendo 64DD, which was a flop, so it got cancelled. Lucas is the son of Flint, a cowboy, Hinawa, a gentle, loving mother, and the brother of Claus, his twin. He also owns a brown dog named Boney.

He has a tragic past; he witnessed his mother die firsthand, and his brother died (Claus becomes the Masked Man, Kamen No Otoko in game, which translates literally to Mask of Man, later, not ROBO CLAUS like a lot of people think). Claus used to call him a crybaby, and Lucas is very shy, saying only a few lines of text in the whole game.

You gain control of him in chapter 4, and he stays in your control for the rest of the game, which ends at chapter 8.

-WHAT'S LIKELY-

Moveset:
Fsmash-Bat/Pole Bash
Why-Because this was Ness' Fsmash in Melee, and Lucas' basic attack. Lucas also seems very similar to ness.

Final Smash-Summon Drago/PK LOVE
Why-Lucas summons Drago, a huge creature that looks like a T-Rex, at the end of chapter 4, and this final smash would be unpredictable and surprising, and would work pretty good. As for PK LOVE, it's Lucas' signature attack, and could work great in Brawl; you press the B button, and an explosion of hexagons surrounds Lucas.

-SPECULATION-

Side B-The pillar looks bigger than in Melee, and it flies perfectly sideways.
Up B-Looks a tiny bit different than in melee. It looks a little more perfect and purple... or maybe it's just me?
Down B-This time around, it covers half of Lucas' front, and not his whole body, like Ness' in Melee
Neutral B-This looks a lot like Flash, except that it freezes. It probably moves faster, but does less damage.

I might add more later. If I left anything big out, let me know.

Hong

The Strongest
The DOJO!! refers to tilts as "strong" attacks. The Mentally-Powered Flip Kick is a strong attack, thus it is a tilt and not a smash attack. I'm 100% of this.

Edit - For reference;

Strong Attack

When you tilt the stick in a direction, you’ll do a stronger attack in that direction. These attacks usually have longer reach.

His strong up attack is a mentally-powered flip kick.

Top Bottom