• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The truth about Metaknight

elit3brawler

Smash Cadet
Metaknight is a character who depends on rapid hits. To be truthful and not cruel, he has no strong attacks, His gliding is almost useless except for recovery, and he's a really great character for beginners. ;)

CaptainFalco30

Smash Cadet
What other purpose would gliding have aside from recovery? All you've said so far is that he's a classic "speedy, weaker" character, which isn't particularly bad by any means. What's really nice is how none of his special moves seem to be outright terrible, especially his forwardB

BigBlackNThunderous

Smash Rookie
that's ur opinion, that's not the true. did u take english class? or ur teacher just forgot to teach u about true and opinions?

i've seen metaknights videos and yes i agree he's "STANDARD A" move are not strong but very rapid. i'm a kind of person who like quick combos like fox in melee and now metaknight in brawl.

so keep it to urself, this is why u got 4 replys cuz u make no sense.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
that's ur opinion, that's not the true. did u take english class? or ur teacher just forgot to teach u about true and opinions?

i've seen metaknights videos and yes i agree he's "STANDARD A" move are not strong but very rapid. i'm a kind of person who like quick combos like fox in melee and now metaknight in brawl.

You might need to look into that English class as well.

elit3brawler

Smash Cadet

DUDE thats a fact you noob. Get your facts right before you start yelling out ******** things you ****. Videos hardly prove anything you ******. Your so ******** you should be locked u for it.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace

double post apologies aside....

why do you like Metaknight. if he was a purple ugly blob who aspirated every 4 seconds but had the same moves, would you use him?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Why does this thread exist? If you read even one thread in the Metaknight section, you would probably see at least a morsel of text explaining this much better than you. And amazingly, i'm sure it wasnt in its own pointless thread.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Speed and range combined with his multiple jumps will probably mean most of his KOs come from edgeguards. In fact, given the percents that people survive until, this may be more beneficial than having strong moves.

Low knockback = more combo ability = more setups for chasing an opponent off the level. It also seems that he has a lot of air control so he could be Jigglypuff-ish in that regard. Then again, everybody seems to have a lot of air control.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
I always go for speed over power, but thats just me

Also, I dont mind my characters being weak as long as they can combo, especially if they have awesome ariels. (I enjoy air fights more than any other)

So I'm hoping that what you said is true (Gasp)

S2

Smash Lord
Metaknight is a character who depends on rapid hits. To be truthful and not cruel, he has no strong attacks, His gliding is almost useless except for recovery, and he's a really great character for beginners. ;)
Gliding only good for recovery...

kinda reminds me of Samus' ability to bomb jump. Kinda a lame detail since you could only use it for recovery... no wait, it was awesome because recovery moves are one of the greatest assets a character can have.

Sorry dude, but if you can't call out Meta as being lame just yet. You should really play the game first, then decide. He's probably going to be a decent character, even if he's not top tier.

Staco

Smash Champion
in ssbm all good characters gonna speed an the powerfull characters all were very bad ;)
I think the powerfull will be better this time, but not good enough, good players wont be hit

Top Bottom