• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The story was interesting. What do you all think of the final boss?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think there was supposed to be some sort of story, otherwise the trophies wouldn't go into the detail that they do.

From what I gathered, it started with R.O.B.s on that island that the Bomb Factory was in. Tabuu, who wants to create his great maze for whatever reason, shows up their and basically forces them to comply with his wishes. From that point, he (presumably) designs the subspace bomb which will pull parts of the world into his realm while sacrificing two R.O.B. units.

Since the Ancient Minster is just the head R.O.B. this doesn't make him very happy, but he has little choice but to listen. As the bombs are being produced, apparently Tabuu manages to gain control of Master Hand. Judging by the Hand's response to being set free, I think he/it was aware that Tabuu was the one in control.

So now Tabuu has the bombs, and controls Master Hand. The fighters are apparently followers of Master Hand, who is like their "god" so to speak, and this is why Ganondorf and Bowser (among others) are taking orders from him. Obviously, Ganondorf is in it to gain power for himself, and once he finds that Tabuu was controlling Master Hand, he becomes aware of the fact he is not fulfulling the Hand's wishes, but Tabuu's. Since Ganondorf is trying to get power from Master Hand, he figures attacking Tabuu and freeing Master Hand will give him merit.

At around this same time (before Ganondorf finds out, obviously), this is where most of the SSE comes into play, at least everything before you enter Subspace.

The others apparently don't know that Master Hand is seemingly the one in charge, by the time they get to Subspace Master Hand had already been defeated, and Tabuu no longer had any use for them. So, the fighters, who see that their "god" has been defeated, prepare to take on Tabuu. One thing I liked about that cutscene is that Tabuu uses that same annoying attack from his fights to turn all of the characters to trophies. Explains the 1 hit KO thing? So you, as the force of good, defeat Tabuu after making your way through the great maze.

At least, that is what I have gotten so far based off trophies and cutscenes.

The remaining question would be why does he want to create the great maze?

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
Taboo = Subspace Emissary. He wanted to inflitrate the earth, and the good guys fight him to death. The end.

Terminator guy

Smash Rookie
Tabuu was horrible for me, that red bubble attack of his took me down like crazy. That, plus the ok ending kinda left me wanting more.

lwaki

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the story was good and I guess well thought out. But I think if they introduced the final boss a little earlier, like after master hand was KO'd, the final boss wouldve been more relevant in the story. but overall, the final boss was freakin hard and it was better than having to face like Giga Bowser or master and crazy hands at the end.

Top Bottom