• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of the Sickest Ping Alive

Amaterachu1

Smash Cadet
"Looking at my earlier messages I can see how much I've grown through my experiences. I used to be so full of energy and cocky about my rising status in the KFPSOLL. I often bit off more than I could chew and took challenges that were unrealistic to overcome, and rather than coping and learning from my mistakes I tried to maintain a sense of grandeur and lie to save face. I was so obsessed with the glory, that I let it get in the way of my real growth. Now that I'm up here I realize that glory wasn't really what I wanted, I'm now where I always wanted to be and somehow I enjoyed the climb much more. I never really wanted the glory, otherwise I'd be ecstatic with where I am, so what did I want and what do I want now? Right now I wish for nothing more than to go back and choose a new path, one where I didn't have to sell my soul for glory, one where I could've kept growing in healthy ways, one where I didn't push myself over the peak. As for what I did want? Even I don't really know, maybe I did want this but was too naïve to understand the pressure and loneliness that comes with being here, maybe I was just looking for something to spice up my average routine, maybe I just wanted to challenge myself to do something no one else could say they can. This game has given me a lot, but it has also taken away so much more. So many people abandoned me on the way — friends, family, significant others — they thought I was crazy, they didn't understand, Heck, I didn't even understand. I thought by finally getting here they'd get it, but all they said was something along the lines "I don't care how good you are at a licensed Kung Fu Panda platform fighter made by a bankrupt company that is no longer even produced". It hurts realizing that all the time I put into my Ping and climbing the ranks could have been spent cultivating relationships and strengthening my pre-existing bonds. I just wish that becoming a Legendary Legend was worth all the loss that I have faced because of it."

Top Bottom