• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of Rosalina & Luma

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
If you've never played Super Mario Galaxy before, but want to learn more about Rosalina, or feel that she has no background, here's her story that she reads out of her storybook in Super Mario Galaxy. You may want to grab some tissues. I do not own the video.

Last edited:

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
If anyone knows how to turn URL into videos, please tell me.

Spirst

Don't think this warrants an entirely new thread but for the videos problem, click the icon to the right of the pictures one. It's two square pieces of film overlapping. That's the embed button. Paste the Youtube URL in there and it'll embed it onto the thread page.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Don't think this warrants an entirely new thread but for the videos problem, click the icon to the right of the pictures one. It's two square pieces of film overlapping. That's the embed button. Paste the Youtube URL in there and it'll embed it onto the thread page.
Thank you. The purpose of the thread is mainly for people that want to gain more insight on Rosalina since not much background of her is known from seeing her in sports games like the Mario karts. So if this thread is irrelevant, sorry mods :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have been wanting to make an overall fact thread for Rosalina & Luma, basically like a Wiki article except on this forum and being way more properly analytical. There currently are no information pages that do the character justice.

This topic is a nice quick briefing for those who don't know what people mean when they refer to Rosalina having a backstory, though.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I have been wanting to make an overall fact thread for Rosalina & Luma, basically like a Wiki article except on this forum and being way more properly analytical. There currently are no information pages that do the character justice.

This topic is a nice quick briefing for those who don't know what people mean when they refer to Rosalina having a backstory, though.
I remember watching this in 2007, playing Super Mario Galaxy, and thinking that Rosalina had the most interesting backstory of any Mario character. Granted, that doesn't set the bar very high, but Rosalina's backstory is still interesting by itself, probably because, among other things, not all details are told.

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
I do feel like the group of people who hate on Rosalina & Luma (and there are a bunch of them after it became clear how good she is in SSB4) never played Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know how you could play Super Mario Galaxy, read through the storybook, and still hate! Super Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite games of all-time and I've loved Rosalina's character since she was first introduced. Her reveal was by far the most hype of any new character introduction for me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Most people tend to hate on Rosalina because they are bitter about something unrelated to her actual character.

And even then, many of her haters still have sexual fantasies about her, so...

I think actively hating Rosalina is absurd because the character herself has not done anything to deserve it. She isn't annoying (like some might say about Daisy), she isn't bland, she isn't a Mary Sue, she isn't one dimensional, etc.

Top Bottom