• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage Discussion: Stage 1- Final Destination

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
FINAL DESTINATION

Final Destination. A neutral stage, and easily Diddy's strongest stage. This discussion shouldn't take long, but for the sake of documenting the details, let's go ahead and get started on it.

Suggested Content
  • A clear list of strengths/weaknesses of the stage when pertaining to Diddy Kong
  • Ways to control the stage and the match
  • Any stage specific elements you can take advantage of
  • Killing Zones (In which direction will you get the easiest KO's)

SRTM

Smash Ace
This should all be in the one topic. But..
FD. I RARELY play this stage in tournaments, unless its against some scrub who doesn't know about Diddy. Opponents usually ban it because of the amount of room for diddy's banana game.

That being said, it's Diddy's best stage for his banana mind games, and it's easy to camp on which is nice. The only weakness is that dreaded lip on the edge of the stage, be sure to take your time when recovering, and aim true. On this stage, I always try to have 2 bananas on it at all times, if you don't, run and pull one out. Kill Zones seem to be roughly the same all the way around, but the stage ceiling might be the easiest. So kill with a up-tilt or up-air if you can.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Why are there two threads?

EDIT: Nevermind, I understand now; the titles just confused me. I'll post my opinions about FD later.

EDIT 2: I agree with SRTM; there really isn't enough discussion regarding stages (save the Stage Discussion board itself) to warrant individual threads for each stage. I'd just have it all be in one thread and we talk about a different one each week. Spreading it out makes it harder to follow... But do what you want, it's your thread. Again, I'll post on FD later.

EDIT 3:
FD Stuff:

• The stage is flat and has no platforms, making it easily Diddy's best stage. You should have little to no difficulty handling Bananas here.
  • You can Wall Cling under the ledges, but this will likely get you gimped.
  • You shouldn't take characters with projectiles here (especially Pit and Falco) because they'll have just as easy a time with theirs as you do yours. It is better in these situations to take a character to Smashville or Battlefield so you can use the platforms to avoid their projectiles.
  • Your opponent should will ban this stage. If they don't, definitely consider not taking them there; either they know that they can handle FD as well as Diddy, or they're just stupid. In these situations, ONLY take them here if you're sure it is the latter case. That said, it is still our best stage practically no matter what.
  • Diddy has no special techs specific to this stage due to the lack of anything but the ground. Just do Diddy stuff and enjoy not having platforms get in the way.

Top Bottom