• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Shocking Up B

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
So i was somewhat absent during to whole during the period where which custom movesets were deemed legal. I don't know which link player came up with that list but i respectfully disagree with it.

I haven't had much practice with customs with but to my suprise and dismay, the shocking up b wasnt in the EVO moveset for link

Sure it has weaker recovery, but link has pretty reliable recovery with the tether. And its harder to gimp as opposed to the standards up b

But more importantly the shocking up is amazing when edgeguarding. It can kill reliable off around 50%. Even character that have teleportation recoveries like mewto. Plus better better combo options than the standard up b

Now i know alot of you are thinking its more important to be able to survive in Smash 4 which is true but not in links case. He best in the nueatral games and has moves that out pioritize nearly every move in the game. Forcing literally every character in the game including Shiek to fight defensively.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Normal Spin Attack was buffed, its grounded kill power is almost the same. Also, aereal shocking is a lot weaker in kill power.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Shocking Spin Attack covers a terrible distance. I think it's worse than Brawl's. There's no point being harder to gimp if you can't even reach the ledge.
Aerial Shocking Spin has bad kill power and it only has a few hits.

The grounded kill power isn't really good enough to make up for the bad distance.

Also, is this thread going to get locked?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yes it will once Fox logs in. We've talked extensively about customs in other threads. Check the index and the Metagame thread to find the pertinent discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom