• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheik Move Walk Through: Back-Air

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So I contacted Blistering like a week ago asking if he was going to finish the community walkthrough, but he has yet to get back to me, so I'll treat his silence as a no. That said, I'll pick it up and format it myself.

Blistering Speed said:
This thread is dedicated solely to the total and complete coverage of the character Sheik, every metagame facet, so that we might find a better understanding of her by pooling our perspectives together and develop her as a character. This can then cater to future Sheiks, considering we don't actually have a guide for her (I think we're the only board, primitive ain't we).

This is a community walkthrough. This means I am not the sole creator of this guide, I write the summaries and form the guide itself. The actual information is contributed from anyone and everyone who posts in this thread. The structure of it is, I give a topic to discuss, posters contribute their thoughts on it and I write up a summary, giving important details and referencing the posts discussing the topic. This gets everyone's view point and creates a more detailed, more balanced guide.

What this means is, every time you post in this topic, you are making a contribution to the guide. So I ask that you take some responsibility and don't make ill informed, stupid or otherwise rudimentary posts. I will flat out ignore some posters if I find their posts fit this description so it's been a waste of your time posting it. If you're dubious of whether you fall into this category or not, I recommend:
A Guide to Posting Intelligently by Fear Dragon64
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...39#post5740739
"Post because you have something to say, not because you have to say something."

I would also request you don't discuss anything else pertaining to Sheik other then the topic I have currently to discuss in the OP, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the thread.

When Sheik's entire moveset has been discussed and summarised, then we'll move onto other facets of the metagame e.g. playstyle, character specific gimping, AT Discussion and Utility etc. I want this to develop into a very up to date, intelligent, all encompassing guide to Sheik and I need your help.

~~~~~~~~~~
That said, I'll guess we can start where he left off:

So this week we'll do the:

Back Air

Hit: Frame 4
End Lag: 33 Frames
Total: 37 Frames​

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik uair is in the group of moves I consider have untapped potential especially since it's for the most part unused in normal sheik play in fact it's the only move of sheik I haven't really studied. With that said what I'm about to write about is most likely not 100% accurate since I've yet to fully explore it's possibles and do not have any type of numbers besides something like "mid percents" to give.

In other words your going to get a lot of my "thoughts", please bear with me as I'm not going to organize my post very much as it will be long and my thoughts jump frequently to one thing to another.

Sheik uair is able to auto cancel like all her aerials, has a strong and weak hit sex kick properties, range is fairly good but it trades with a lot of attacks in the air(or so I think), and the hit box appears to be mainly at her legs but I've yet to test how far it reaches into her body. Depending on how far it can reach like say hypothetically if could reach down to her shoulders then it could be used to hit tall opponents who are standing. From what I've seen(wifi, never tested to see if it was true even in training) the uair can "combo" into other attacks. A few "combo's" I've seen are weak uair into utilt and uair into double jump uair. The second "combo" I've seen happen three times but only on DK at mid percents. The uair into utilt combo is a mix up I do not do very often anymore so I do not have any type of number to give beside maybe it starts in "low percents".
Back to the importance of the hit box of the attack if the hitbox is low enough to the ground after a short hop or comes out quick enough to hit standing opponents then if the uair is a combo starter it could be used as such. Another importance the uair could have would be a good cross up tool. One would think the uair can hit shielding opponents and if they aren't immediately pushed too far away then you could land behind them and immediate start jabbing or ftilt pressure them fairly effectively or if it does push people too far away you could use it as a point blank spacing tool on someone shield.

edit: Because of it weak hit back hypothetically it could also be used to hit someone onto a platform above and maybe force a tech or land ontop of said platform which you could follow up with a nair or even vanish if they are slow.

Another fact I forgot to mention is that shuffle uair can be very quick and a good pressure tool if someone is on a platform above you.

Those are my thoughts on the uair, I wish I had some more to stay but like I said it's not used very often, I hope someone will be inspired to look into that move more after reading what I just said.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
It can kill off the top earlier than you think, especially on lighter characters. Other than that, and what Tristan said, it is really only used for either punishing air dodges or for a quick attack high in the air.

Nice idea to continue this discussion, East.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I kill with the uair fairly often. I've also beaten a lot of powerful moves like G&W's key on occassion. I've also "comboed" an uair on a standing character such as DK into a tipper usmash on accident at kill percents. Other than that, this move really is only useful for juggle attempts.

East

Crappy Imitation
So I've pretty much gotten blazblue out of my system. I'll start playing brawl again. With that, we need to get this moving along. I've got plans, and I need the info for said plans. Help me out here guys.

So then, let's move on to the next move: Our Awesome Back-Air~!

Summary for Uair coming soon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
bair has so much range, use it for the range!

and i also heard the tipper bair has more ko potential than nair

yayuhz

go tipper some bears

East really nice avatar

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This move is a Godsend as it keeps Sheik from being completely otranged like a character such as Luigi. Most people don't expect the move to have as much range as it does so you can use that to your advantage.

Not sure if it's safe on block against some of the better characters, but i've found it to be safe on block if properly spaced against a number of characters.

I've used the weak hit to lead into dash attacks, utilts, and an ftilt lock as well at low percentages.

East

Crappy Imitation
Not sure if it's safe on block against some of the better characters, but i've found it to be safe on block if properly spaced against a number of characters.
I hate trying to hit an enemy that's not Dedede who is on the ground with the bair. It always seems to blow up in my face. Shorter characters, it's just a plain out bad idea to do it against them when they're shielding.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
uair notes:

use autocancel uair beneath falling characters with poor dairs

it will setup a frame trap if u force them to air dodge since u will have frame advantage when they touch the ground

or when someone is falling, u can jump up to them to force an air dodge, then punish them with whatever aerial when u follow their di

Top Bottom