• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The saddest story ever told ever

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Seriously you'll cry.

I was tired of living in the same town I've ever lived in, my sense of adventure had to blossom. So I moved away, to a land of enchantment, opportunity, and personal freedom. That frontier was Portland, Oregon.

It's been a few months, and I've been having a great time, but as the weather turns sour I can't go out to the city, I can't go explore the beautiful hikes of the gorge. That means it's video game time! But single player adventures only last so long, and I found myself missing my friends back home, sitting down to play Smash Bros weekly at the very least. It's been months since I got to Brawl.

Wait!!! There's an online mode!!! We weren't fond of it when the game came out, but now we don't have an option, and as we grow older I bet the lag really isn't as bad as I imagined in the past.

So I call up my three main smash buddies, and ask them what they think of trying it out. Of course the answer was hell yeah, I was the chaos stage hazard that kept the game from being too competitive.

Amazon Prime gets me the most popular webcam on the website in only two days. We're gonna have Skype going to make it as close as possible to the endless fun we once had.

I've still got a few boxes left unpacked, and I finally find the old girl. Weaving my way through all the cords, she's hooked up and ready to go. Power up baby!

Blank. Nothing comes up. A few more tries. I give up for a few days, who knows what the problem is? I've never hooked into this computer monitor. Or maybe I left it on interlaced, I remember there being a problem trying to jump between tv's and switching cables. WHAT IF MY WII IS BROKEN? Nah, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

So a couple days later I try again. OH MY GOSH! IT TURNED ON! Who knows what the fluke was, but hopefully that doesn't happen again, she was all boxed up for a while. Maybe she's pissed at me like a cat that gets left alone for too long. Certainly not an omen.

Boot up Smash, plug in GC controller, have a go at the one player modes I haven't played in years just for fun. Break the targets? Lol! I forgot that was a thing! Oh wow the giant battles! Haha! OK, now I gotta set up the WiFi, new apartment means new router. Home menu, Wii systems menu .....................................

"The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

...No.... No....................... :(

Reboot. Try again. "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

GOOGLE, PLEASE SAVE ME!

I discover that the hard drive is spitting at me, and the only way to fix problems like this is a full system reboot. Well crud, that sucks. But it's okay, I'll just back up my save files and go for it. Smash is the only game I care about anyway.

..Except the Brawl saves can't be copied to an SD card. :( Shoot. Well there's gotta be something else. Oh! I just got a Wii U that is set up out in our living room, and I heard there's some transfer thing! I'll just use that!

..Except it requires an internet download. Dammit!!! I looked it up, and Nintendo can't promise backing up saves if I sent it in for them to fix.

I asked a couple friends for ideas on solutions, but we couldn't come up with anything.

There's nothing that can be done, all my Smash history is gone. I had two stickers left. I never used the golden hammers. It had so many thousands of games logged in. Replays. Custom stages. Memories.

I miss my friends you guys. :(

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Seriously you'll cry.

I was tired of living in the same town I've ever lived in, my sense of adventure had to blossom. So I moved away, to a land of enchantment, opportunity, and personal freedom. That frontier was Portland, Oregon.

It's been a few months, and I've been having a great time, but as the weather turns sour I can't go out to the city, I can't go explore the beautiful hikes of the gorge. That means it's video game time! But single player adventures only last so long, and I found myself missing my friends back home, sitting down to play Smash Bros weekly at the very least. It's been months since I got to Brawl.

Wait!!! There's an online mode!!! We weren't fond of it when the game came out, but now we don't have an option, and as we grow older I bet the lag really isn't as bad as I imagined in the past.

So I call up my three main smash buddies, and ask them what they think of trying it out. Of course the answer was hell yeah, I was the chaos stage hazard that kept the game from being too competitive.

Amazon Prime gets me the most popular webcam on the website in only two days. We're gonna have Skype going to make it as close as possible to the endless fun we once had.

I've still got a few boxes left unpacked, and I finally find the old girl. Weaving my way through all the cords, she's hooked up and ready to go. Power up baby!

Blank. Nothing comes up. A few more tries. I give up for a few days, who knows what the problem is? I've never hooked into this computer monitor. Or maybe I left it on interlaced, I remember there being a problem trying to jump between tv's and switching cables. WHAT IF MY WII IS BROKEN? Nah, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

So a couple days later I try again. OH MY GOSH! IT TURNED ON! Who knows what the fluke was, but hopefully that doesn't happen again, she was all boxed up for a while. Maybe she's pissed at me like a cat that gets left alone for too long. Certainly not an omen.

Boot up Smash, plug in GC controller, have a go at the one player modes I haven't played in years just for fun. Break the targets? Lol! I forgot that was a thing! Oh wow the giant battles! Haha! OK, now I gotta set up the WiFi, new apartment means new router. Home menu, Wii systems menu .....................................

"The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

...No.... No....................... :(

Reboot. Try again. "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

GOOGLE, PLEASE SAVE ME!

I discover that the hard drive is spitting at me, and the only way to fix problems like this is a full system reboot. Well crud, that sucks. But it's okay, I'll just back up my save files and go for it. Smash is the only game I care about anyway.

..Except the Brawl saves can't be copied to an SD card. :( Shoot. Well there's gotta be something else. Oh! I just got a Wii U that is set up out in our living room, and I heard there's some transfer thing! I'll just use that!

..Except it requires an internet download. Dammit!!! I looked it up, and Nintendo can't promise backing up saves if I sent it in for them to fix.

I asked a couple friends for ideas on solutions, but we couldn't come up with anything.

There's nothing that can be done, all my Smash history is gone. I had two stickers left. I never used the golden hammers. It had so many thousands of games logged in. Replays. Custom stages. Memories.

I miss my friends you guys. :(

im sorry about that tragic accident

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
:(
My Wii once decided to not show any video or audio. I sent it to Nintendo and they didn't fix it so they sent me another one. All my data for all my games were gone. And I had every trophy in Brawl :(
I know the feeling.

Top Bottom