• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The right moments to grab Puff

ethyn

Smash Rookie
Wondering opinions and people's experiences with grabbing puff, maybe not in neutral but just setups or punishes you've noticed, since Sheik gets so much off grab especially against puff (early up-air kills, auto combo fair or nair). I do know you can grab a crouching puff with a really well spaced dash grab but it's pretty risky and hard to get consistent.

$alsa

Smash Cadet
NNID
itzall1848
Alright, so grabbing Puff is super tricky because she has a lot of ways to bait it.
But sometimes I like to do Auto cancel needle's to grab on her shield, while she is out of shield might be ok too but at higher %s?
The only super safe time to grab Puff is when she over commits to something, like a smash attack or rest.
But if she uses rest then up-smash is the first move that will kill, but if you aren't eager for the stock lead, then charge needles > grab.
There's not a lot of safe ways to grab Puff from my experience, but that's mainly because of a lack of Puff players in my city (0)
There was one guy but he plays S4 now.

Ministry

Smash Ace
lots of safe ways. if she pounds your sheild. if she fsmashs your sheild. if u can get more then 2 needles on her.

but in this matchup i dont think you should be focusing on or ever going for grabs, just know the setups and take them when they appear.

Top Bottom