• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival of Brawl.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
While I agree with the fact that Brawl was a great game and could be played competitively in spite of it being so slow in comparison to the other games, I don't think it was the best to say the least. Just because it sold many units and a lot of people like it doesn't mean it was the best game of the series (I think that is what you said, so many words its messing up my vision lol) . Also, you say that it is is to pick up and has the basic game mechanics of all the smash games. That is precisely why games that games like Melee are so much more competitive: because of all the advanced techniques like wavedashing that people use.

DroveSour

Smash Cadet
While I agree with the fact that Brawl was a great game and could be played competitively in spite of it being so slow in comparison to the other games, I don't think it was the best to say the least. Just because it sold many units and a lot of people like it doesn't mean it was the best game of the series (I think that is what you said, so many words its messing up my vision lol) . Also, you say that it is is to pick up and has the basic game mechanics of all the smash games. That is precisely why games that games like Melee are so much more competitive: because of all the advanced techniques like wavedashing that people use.
When I say basic mechanics, I literally mean basic. My point was pretty much, if you're good at brawl, you could go to Sm4shor Melee and do somewhat better than you would having never played the game. Yes, Melee has so many more advanced mechanics, but that doesn't mean if the player doesn't have the dedication to learn them :)

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
When I say basic mechanics, I literally mean basic. My point was pretty much, if you're good at brawl, you could go to Sm4shor Melee and do somewhat better than you would having never played the game. Yes, Melee has so many more advanced mechanics, but that doesn't mean if the player doesn't have the dedication to learn them :)
If you don't have the dedication to said game to learn the techniques, clearly that means you should not be playing the game competitivly. People need to put much more time and effort into melee, and that's why it's so much more competitive then brawl

VaporFox

Smash Rookie
Knowing how to play Melee competitively is what makes it easier to learn all the other Smash games. Because of his skill in Melee, Mew2King was able to be the best at it as well as in Brawl. He even stated in an interview that his skill in Melee helped him become the best in Brawl as well.

Jay-R

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sickboy1198
3DS FC
3969-5537-6136
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BRAWL

Top Bottom