• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Reverse Inhale? (Leaf Blower tech)

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Just recently I went toe to toe vs an Ike with my Dedede on Yoshi's Island. A peculiar thing happend as I held Inhale on the left side of the stage against his recovery. Basically what happend was Ike managed to land on the slightly sloped edge of the map, then was blown off of the stage by the Inhale's physics....? Interesting note, perhaps it works against other recoveries?

Also noted, Ike is also prone to inhale during his forward B attack. Essentially, Ike's forward B sticks him to the ground, keeping him from flying off the edge of a stage. Thanks to Dedede's Inhale, he "unsticks" and is prone to flying off the side of the stage, losing all of his jumps in the process.

This probably has limited use, but use to be noticed nonetheless!

trevbang

Smash Cadet
I noticed this too. If you are inhaling and they try to roll through you it will "blow" them away behind you. The source of the motion is behind him

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
nice find with ike's side-B. cant think of any practical use for the leaf blower though

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
ya the glitch has been found pretty gnarly though

although your thread gave me the idea trying to immediately reverse the direction of inhale after inputting it to try and surprise people with it. So thx for that ^^

Top Bottom