• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Question For Brawl on Wii U

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
What exactly do the graphics look like? The game was meant to be played in 480p 4:3 ratio. When you put the disc in the Wii U, what does it loiok like? I don't trust these youtube videos I watch. I want to be 100% sure. Debating on going out and buying a Wii. Help me out guys! This is my first post too, so thanks in advance!

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I remember Brawl used to look AWESOME and SOOO fancy when it first came out. Now it's meh.
So... yeah. Think about that.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I remember Brawl used to look AWESOME and SOOO fancy when it first came out. Now it's meh.
So... yeah. Think about that.
It still looks pretty good. Nothing like the new lighting in HD though.

The GameCube ports are annoying to not have, so I brawl on the wii still. If you use a wii remote you're good to go though.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
It still looks pretty good. Nothing like the new lighting in HD though.

The GameCube ports are annoying to not have, so I brawl on the wii still. If you use a wii remote you're good to go though.
Ehh. I don't know, graphics obviously was better compared to Melee, but I really expected to see a TON of details, considering the detail in the art of characters.
Was thinking of things like character not being able to overlap... but ehh that would really kinda make Brawl suck.

I used to go pretty serious on the wiimote + nunchuk lol
I still think that the WiiU pro controller is still the best choice...
or maybe the classic controller for Wii would be good too.

Going to miss that octagon shape on the joysticks though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom