• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Public Execution Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It may help the economy, but isn't guaranteed. If you have sources proving that it grew when the public execution was legal, I would agree with you on this. Nevertheless, sources might not exist due to the date of its legality. If they really don't, we can't be sure that the economy will be stimulated.
As long as people are spending money the economy is stimulated to some degree regardless how small. That is a fact. Also there will always be murders. This is an an other fact. I can see what you mean by it being irregular in terms of income, However there will always be a supply in this type of trade.

:laugh::laugh: sorry if I hurt your feelings then....:laugh::laugh:

Of course they're for private, you said it yourself public exections were banned in the US many years ago.

Draconian laws as mentioned earlier, were terrible.....I don't get why you mentioned these laws. A revolt would be far more likely and many people who weren't guilty would be killed.
I mentioned the Draconian laws because if memory serves me correctly there was a (relatively) low crime rate.

A spectatcle, listen before you even talk about public executions, we got to decide is it MORAL TO KILL A HUMAN BEING! Especially making a spectacle out of it.

There have been over 100 innocents that have been placed on death row. If public execution gets very popular a higher demand for people to be killed will result. This is how the world works nowadays, everything is connected. If there is more demand for people to be killed there could be a larger amount of innocent people placed on death row.
Very good point I believe you are correct here and I am wrong, it never crossed my mind if it became so popular and there was a large demand for it. I thought there would be a demand but not to the point were it could effect the processes of the justice system. I would be against it if that ever happened.

There are two ways to be well known: be famous or be infamous. Which would you chose?
Fixed

Anyway, I counter your question with another question. Which gets the job done?

TheMike

Smash Lord
As long as people are spending money the economy is stimulated to some degree regardless how small. That is a fact.
True, but if the economy has trouble, the amount of money earned with the public execution might be lower than the lost with all these troubles, thus making it worthless.

Also there will always be murders. This is an an other fact.
This is a true fact, but you won't like to have every murder public executed, will you?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I mentioned the Draconian laws because if memory serves me correctly there was a (relatively) low crime rate.

Very good point I believe you are correct here and I am wrong, it never crossed my mind if it became so popular and there was a large demand for it. I thought there would be a demand but not to the point were it could effect the processes of the justice system. I would be against it if that ever happened.

A low crime rate at the cost of people dying for the smallest of crimes. This keeps the people terrorized in fear to do anything knowing that even if falsely accused of any crime; they will be killed. Any proof for a low crime rate? Also there's a relatively low crime rate in Canada with the death penalty abolished.

You being sacrcastic in that last paragraph?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@Dragoon fighter

I meant that as a statement. While there was lower crime rate, the rules were just overkill. And what bob said.

@bob saget

Can't...resist...

Color fail. LOL.

Not trying to be obnoxious. Comes from the smashboards arena, were I would point out everyone's coding typos.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
You being sacrcastic in that last paragraph?
No, I was not.

A low crime rate at the cost of people dying for the smallest of crimes. This keeps the people terrorized in fear to do anything knowing that even if falsely accused of any crime; they will be killed. Any proof for a low crime rate? Also there's a relatively low crime rate in Canada with the death penalty abolished.
Canada has a smaller population than the U.S.

Canada

U.S.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Can you please explain? And I am not insane if that is what you are implying the voices in my head tell me so...(Joking)
Have you ever seen somebody's head get cut off? Now picture a 5 year old seeing that.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
You misunderstood. Smaller population may mean lower number of crimes. However, smaller population doesn't mean lower crime rate.
I understand that it does not = lower crime rate, but it does mean that it does not take as much to obtain a lower crime rate.

TheMike

Smash Lord

Smash Master
Why not make it optional? That way you're not interfering with cruel and unusual punishment, and I'm sure they'll be a couple people to take up on the offer, so randoms like me can get their sick kicks.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Oh no, >_< this thread came alive again and boy did I make my self look like an idiot back then :(. Anyway I really like your idea #'s (Is it ok if I call you that?). I think what you say is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom