• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pros and Cons of Yoshi

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: ROFL, alright ladies, that's enough. ^_^;

In related news, Bowser will be broken in Brawl. Just thought I'd get that out there.
I realize your kidding, but for an off topic question, what exactly does broken mean? I've heard it thrown around before but I never fully understood it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, if yoshi could jump outta shield he'd be god tier, his shield has no shield stun and he could DJnair out of anything you hit his shield with instantly.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Broken can mean that it's just that--busted and unusable.

However, it usually means that something is overpowered or generally too good for regular gameplay. People claim shine is broken. People used to say Peach's downsmash was broken back in '03. Stuff like that.

And yes @ Eggm. He'd still be just as difficult to use, but his OOS game would be way too good.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: Broken can mean that it's just that--busted and unusable.

However, it usually means that something is overpowered or generally too good for regular gameplay. People claim shine is broken. People used to say Peach's downsmash was broken back in '03. Stuff like that.

And yes @ Eggm. He'd still be just as difficult to use, but his OOS game would be way too good.
Ah, many thanks. I've heard sheik is broken, that's what got me curious.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
well redragon if you can beat every yoshi on the yoshi forum then ill say samus is better but you have to beat

every single one

and personally i have never seen one good samus that i cant beat with yoshi

MY SECONDARY
I will fight you with my Samus!!!
mm anytime!
its a pretty even matchup with the edge with Samus but still very close!

Redragon

-PM-

Smash Ace
powershild fwd then sheild the blast or if you know your getting hit hold down if you low % and DI if you high percents samus's meteor is pretty bad so you dont need to worry about that and most of her attacks in general dont really bother yoshi IMO

its a pretty even match up i think

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I like this thread better when it's off topic. It's like the mere mention of Bowser caused some forumentional rift that sucked some of the spam away from the Bowser boards. Maybe there's some serious discussion over there that exchanged places with the Yoshi boards.

D1

Banned via Administration
LMAO @ Bloshi...just 2 good!

^_^

Everytime I hear praiseworthy things about Usmash I believe another Yoshi swallows a Blue Shell and gets its wings.

(If any of ya'll play Super Mario World for the SNES or the remakes on the GBA u know what I mean.)

My newest fave Yoshi attack is dashattack.

GET AT IT!

Just the ability to stop dash dance campers, Falco SHL spammers, and anyone's recovery w/ this attack is just enough to make Yoshi's balls drop and have him show up on a pr0n site giving some hot black chick w/ a big arse a money shot.

*leaves epic thread only to hope to return very soon*

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I can't lie, it was kinda sketchy.

But I have lots of <3s for D1, so I know he meant well, hahahaha.

Upsmash gives you wings, LOL.

Like Bringer's said a lot of times before, dash attack is SUPER GOOD on Marth, especially when he's dash camping (as D1 stated above) and coming at you from the air. It almost has (almost) Peach-like dash attack priority, reach, and power. I don't like it against Fox all that much. Sheik and Falco sometimes, but I try to almost never use it on Fox. This has a weird clank with Peach's dash attack in that nobody receives damage, but the two characters get pushed behind one another. I'm trying to learn to lightshield right away when this happens because when something happens to Peach and she doesn't know what's going on, downsmash is usually her panic button. And I doooon't like to be around when she pushes that button.

the only thing I dislike about yoshi is if you get hit in mid jump your screwed and especially if you are hit at a low percentage of damage I use the air dodge and the egg roll to come back to the board but that's my main issue with yoshi.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Know what would be sweet and I would like to see in the brawl version of yoshi? Having black as a color option. A black yoshi would be so bad ***.

Edit: Yes, I'm no longer a newb. Stricly by the label under my name though, I'm still pretty newbish.

-PM-

Smash Ace
Know what would be sweet and I would like to see in the brawl version of yoshi? Having black as a color option. A black yoshi would be so bad ***.

Edit: Yes, I'm no longer a newb. Stricly by the label under my name though, I'm still pretty newbish.
that has made today good =]

-PM-

Smash Ace
and its tongue would be purple and hes egg would be black and would have purple dots XD

also when you throw eggz with him the would be poisonous and do 2 extra damage LOL

and he would be heavy'er like Gannon LOL

Top Bottom