• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Power of Dtilt

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Dtilt is a very beautiful, yet overlooked attack. I've found some undocumented uses for it:

1) Double Dtilt combo at low percentage. Guarantees 15% damage easily, and while the combo itself ends at the 2nd hit, a tech chase follow should be in order if the situation fits.

2) Dtilt to Jab-Lock at low percentage. If the opponent doesn't expect it, the Dtilt will knock him/her to the ground on his/her back. From there, you make use of the jab-lock and give ur opponent unnecessary damage. This one isn't so reliable, but if you do pull it off, your opponent will **** a brick.

3) Dtilt to aerial attack string. It's not a combo, but the dtilt is really good for knocking people into the air, setting them up not for a combo in terms of its actual definition, but instead an aerial that could set them up for death.

4) Dtilt to upsmash combo. It would work better if Sonic had a bit more power to his game, but it's really only for show. Unless you're at the edge and can get a spike out of the upsmash.

There's probably more to dtilting than meets the eye, so I would love it if someone could experiment with it. I think it's one of Sonic's golden techniques.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
1) Doesn't Dtilt do 6% fresh?
2) Haven't tried that out because people usually jump.
3) Dtilt to fair is usually the way to go at higher %
4) Dtilt to utilt is more viable than usmash just because it comes out faster.
more) You can dtilt twice then jab to grab sometimes. Dtilt also gets you out of shieldgrab range if you are up close and will get you out of their range if they roll away. It is lagless enough for an ftilt to hit if they decide to roll behind you.
even more) One of the >s in your sig is the wrong way round. Change it now.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I got not a whole lot of info, but IMO d-tilt is awesome. Not for spam, but if you havent used it in a while, you can definately catch some muns off gaurd and land a ton of damage with it. It easily follows up into a lot of other attacks too.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I use Dtilt quite often.

On heavies I've used Jab, Jab, Dtilt, Dtilt, Utilt, Fair, Fair. It's awesome.
It doesn't work too well if your opponent knows spit about DI but it's still cool.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Its great move. I usually use dtilt, ftilt (at low percentages) and dtilt, fair (at high %). I love the IASA frames it haves.

Top Bottom