• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Popular Choices of the Last Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Flashing back to the Brawl hype I'm seeing a lot of the same characters being supported this time around. I decided to chronicle what characters were popular and what became of them. I may need some help on this as I wasn't around for Melee's hype.

Smash 64
(None)

Melee

Accepted
Mewtwo
Ganondorf

Still wanted
Dixie Kong

Off Radar
Banjo Kazooie (F&*^ Microsoft)
James Bond (Obvious reasons)

Brawl

Accepted
Wario
Ike
Diddy Kong
Lucario
Lucas
Toon Link
Wolf
SONIC

Still Wanted
Ridley
King K. Rool

Off Radar
Geno (Kinda accepted how improbable he is)
3rd Gen Pokemon

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Tingle, Zant and Midna/wolf link all were mentioned a fair bit pre-brawl. as was Isaac.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno is so "Off Radar" why is he still in the top 20 characters in polls?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Add Bowser, Peach, Marth (due to Japan) on to Melee's "accepted". They were pretty popular choices, Bowser was the most popular and Peach was the second most (in Japan at least).

As for Brawl's accepted, add Dedede, he was one of the most requested additions. Ridley has also been wanted since Melee, so maybe switch him to the former "Still wanted" category. Plus, Dixie wasn't really request in Melee times, the focus of a 2nd DK character was pretty much solely on Diddy, and the next Rare character suggested afterwards was usually Banjo.

Just a suggestion, but maybe also add a category for characters that were especially popular previously but didn't get in that time around, even if they got in eventually. Like a "Popular exclusions" category. For Melee it can be Diddy, Wario, Dedede, and Banjo (they were probably the most popular characters that didn't get in) for Brawl it can be Ridley, Geno, Isaac, Mega Man... ofc it's just a suggestion, but it gives a good idea of who was popular around then but didn't make it for that title.

And Geno's chances... haven't really changed too much, they were poor then and they are poor now, so it's not so much that he should be off the radar as much as he should've never been on in the first place, but he still has some popularity, and isn't impossible like Banjo or James Bond, so I'd considering taking him off that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom