• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokewalker- Nintendo's Best Gaming Acessory?

PlayR489

Smash Cadet
NNID
PlayR489
Now, I will admit I LOVE pokemon despite not showing it too much so far. So call this Fanboyism all you want. No rude responses please? I replayed Soulsilver recently, my team turned out ok. (Typhlosion,Togekiss,Scizor,Espeon, Nidoking and an Electabuzz which I am STILL having to train. (It was level 10 when I got it and is lvl 29 at the moment. So... I'm training my levels for Red and I bust out my pokewalker in hopes to level up togekiss. It's broken so I fix it. Then I go on a 1-2 mile walk and togekiss leveled up and I caught a doduo. Seeing how much of a boost ingame this gives you, it is a nice accessory. No other accessories LEVEL UP the members of your party. That's why I love the Pokewalker. (BTW I need help training for Red. Where is a good place to train Level 49s-52s?? :squirtle:You get this muffin if you reply. :muffin:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I really liked mine! I'd wear it on my belt when I used to work at the restaurant, under my shirt, and I'd look forward to seeing how much stuff I got each day after my shift. It really was a well-made little gadget.

When I sold my copy of Heart Gold to Play n' Trade, I gave them my Pokewalker, too. At first they were like, "we're not sure we can sell this...", but I encouraged them to give it away with my copy. I feel it really completes the HGSS experience. Apparently, most people sell their game copies but keep their Pokewalkers, which is totally selfish and pointless. It's not even any good without the game, really, unless you just love having a dorky Pokeball pedometer.

PlayR489

Smash Cadet
NNID
PlayR489
Cool, I generally clip mine on my pocket and when I go for walks I bring it. Once,I almost lost it with a Latios on it.Luckily, at someone saw me drop it and gave it back. That Latios is also shiny and is safely in my Pokemon Y version now. Where can I go grind for Red, I need to go up about 30-40 levels. My team is Level (49-53 I think) (URGENT.... I want to beat Red by August 20th.)
Edit:My Friend got SoulSilver and used the Pokewalker once and gave up at the 2nd gym in the game and I can never get him to play it. LOL

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Grinding for levels for Red is probably best done at the Elite Four in HGSS, I guess. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Not the best accessory imo. First time I used the pokewalker I put a Mew into it and went for a walk, completely forgot I was wearing it, came home and realized it was gone.

I looked all over and never found it or my beautiful Mew, R.I.P buddy.
Seriously though, after that I never wanted another one.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Not the best accessory imo. First time I used the pokewalker I put a Mew into it and went for a walk, completely forgot I was wearing it, came home and realized it was gone.

I looked all over and never found it or my beautiful Mew, R.I.P buddy.
Seriously though, after that I never wanted another one.
You know your mew isn't gone, right?

From Serebii:

There is no way to lose your Pokemon while it is in the Pokéwalker. Running out of batteries will simply make you lose steps and Watts. Your Pokemon will be safe. If you are to lose your Pokéwalker, then you can restore your Pokemon back into your games. As a note, if you happen to find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you can not send the other one inside of the Pokéwalker back to the game (essentially cloning). To get your Pokemon back if ever your Pokéwalker breaks/gets lost, go the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:
Up + Select + R

Once you do this, your Pokéwalker will be reset and your Pokemon will go back into your box. Your Pokemon will be restored to as it originally was when you put it in the Pokéwalker. If you do find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you need to reset the Pokéwalker.

To set a Pokéwalker back to it's original settings, go to the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:
Down + X + L

Once you have done this, either a new Pokéwalker, or an old one that you reset will be able to be synced with the game as you did when you first set it up.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Pokéwalker was the most accurate pedometer of it's time.

Strange.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
You know your mew isn't gone, right?

From Serebii:

There is no way to lose your Pokemon while it is in the Pokéwalker. Running out of batteries will simply make you lose steps and Watts. Your Pokemon will be safe. If you are to lose your Pokéwalker, then you can restore your Pokemon back into your games. As a note, if you happen to find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you can not send the other one inside of the Pokéwalker back to the game (essentially cloning). To get your Pokemon back if ever your Pokéwalker breaks/gets lost, go the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:
Up + Select + R

Once you do this, your Pokéwalker will be reset and your Pokemon will go back into your box. Your Pokemon will be restored to as it originally was when you put it in the Pokéwalker. If you do find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you need to reset the Pokéwalker.

To set a Pokéwalker back to it's original settings, go to the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:
Down + X + L

Once you have done this, either a new Pokéwalker, or an old one that you reset will be able to be synced with the game as you did when you first set it up.
Cool. I didn't know this, thanks for the info.

Freeze Pop

Smash Cadet
I mean it was alirght the only problem with it was it was easy to lose and a bunch of my friends said ti broke really easy but hey, good exercise right.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Wait, that was an actual thing? Like a real world object?

Last edited:
Top Bottom