• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The player-made challenges in Nintendo games

D

Deleted member

You know what I mean by "player-made challenges", it's these sets of rules players put on themselves in order to change the difficulty of a game they often know by heart.

A famous example of this kind of challenge is the Nuzlocke challenge in the Pokémon games, where, like in Fire Emblem, a fainted Pokémon is considered as definitely dead and not usable anymore for the rest of the playthough, and where the player must capture only the first Pokémon they encounter in a new area.

Another example is the 3-heart challenge in the Zelda games (mostly modern), in which, like the name implies, is to finish the game without collecting any new Piece of heart.

I suggest this thread for enlisting what are the different challenges you know and for which games these challenges apply to.

So what other challenges do you know and for which Nintendo games ?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Don't forget the Zora armor. :p

Probably my favorite self-imposed challenge would be beating a game as fast as you can, mostly because it works with just about any game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've played Iron Man runs in Fire Emblem Awakening and the Sacred Stones. My restrictions are dead units stay dead, no use of grinding, and no use of DLC.

Make playing even more of a challenge.

Top Bottom