• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pilot of the ST Falcon, Mike Anderson, Joins the Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Welcome to the Mike Anderson support thread!

Mike Anderson is the main protagonist of the giant robot-themed arcade shooters Battle Clash (Space Bazooka in Japan) and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge for the Super Famicom/SNES. Both of these games make use of the Super Scope/Nintendo Scope accessory.

The Main Story

In a futuristic time period, the planet Earth is dominated and ravaged by a malevolent being named Thanatos. In this futuristic world are soldiers whom pilot giant, humanoid robots called Standing Tanks (ST for short). Refusing to succomb to Thanatos's tyranny, a lone pilot, Mike Anderson, vows to put an end to the chaos which now plagues the world, and avenge his father, whom was murdered by Thanatos. But before he can reach Thanatos, Mike must defeat a gang of subordinates called the Battle Chiefs, each of whom are located in different parts of the world.

The Gameplay

Both Battle Clash and Metal Combat must be played using the Super Scope/Nintendo Scope accessory. The main objective of the game is to defeat the enemy pilot. Each enemy pilot's machine has its own unique abilities and weakpoints--finding these weakpoints is crucial to attaining victory. Obviously, the player must shoot the enemy with the Scope. The player can either fire rapid shots, which are weak, but good for taking out enemy fire (which is the only way to defend yourself), or cease fire until the energy gauge fully charges to fire a powerful charged shot. The player can also use special items, which are attained from an enemy pilot upon defeating him/her.

♦ Battle Clash/Space Bazooka:

♦ Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge:

If not a playable character, then perhaps a stage!

Though I honestly do not have high hopes for Mike's entry in Smash Bros (at least as a playable character), I definitely am hoping for a Battle Clash/Metal Combat stage. The stage can take place in one of the Earth or outer space locations featured in the games, and also feature whichever pilot was fought in that location.

[collapse="Stage Ideas"]♦ Oceania

In the southwestern Pacific Ocean, players fight atop a carrier. The stage is completely flat, and has no pits to fall into (think Bridge of Eldin). In the background, a giant, four-legged robot fires lasers and explosive rounds at the players. Every now and then, the robot will move either left or right--when this happens, the screen will move with it. A simple, yet dangerous stage.[/collapse]

Want to revisit your childhood? Interested in Mike Anderson and his games? Feel free to discuss or offer your support here. Who knows? We might just get more representation for this series.​

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I love his typical 90's look. Spiked hair. Ripped jeans. Sounds like a good add to me.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Final Fight characters, Dean:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Come to think of it, I think a sequel to this series for the Wii U would be an excellent idea. It could be the first Wii U game to make good use of the Wii U zapper. While the telly could provide a view of the entire enemy and scenery, the Wii U game pad screen could provide a magnified view, revealing stage secrets, enemy weak points, etc that cannot be seen on the big screen. And now that we have wi-fi and whatnot, it could be the first game in the series to feature a solid vs. mode. There are just so many ways it could be a unique and addicting arcade game--something I think the Wii U really needs. [Shrugs] But that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom