• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The peak of my brawl skill?

onlyaaron17

Smash Cadet
NNID
onlyaaron17
So there is a guy named bruce who ***** me in 1v1 a year ago. I just played him again and instead of maining kirby i put on a mask and sword and im metaknight. This time i managed to get him to 2 stocks mid 50-60 % each game. Every game when i had a good lead. He would instantly bring it back especially in mk dittos when i got hit by shuttleloop 2x off the smashville platform. Now i already knew it wasnt even possible for me to pick my ics (were on wifi yes) and ics is my 1st main. But heres the big question. Or rather a lot of questions on my mind. I know sb4 is coming next year, but I want to be decent at brawl before moving on.

1. How do you think in brawl? I find it extremely hard to react, adapt, and think. Alot of my matches are solely based on what people say on the matchup threads on how to play it. We already know that only gets you so far alone.
2. Can you even get decent on wifi? I mean yeah we know salem was on wifi but comeone hes in NY or NJ one of those places with crazy offline experience.
3. Someone show me how much smashboards is better than AIB. XD I mean its really hard to find people to play even in the find a match thread than aib. But smashboards has so much ifo to grasp idk which one is helping more lol.
4. Theres no mentors for metaknight or Iceclimbers so im kinda stuck here. Other than that I just realy dont know how to improve anymore. I shouldnt even be getting jv 3 stocked or 3 stocked when im not just spamming or throwing out mixups. What do u guys think? Have u ever thought about any of these things? Do u have a response?

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
1. Defensively. Most of the time, you're better off just waiting for the opponent to do something and read it. Unlike in Melee where it was better to put on the pressure with quick reads in between.

2. No. Unless you and your buddy have great connections and Nintendo decides you don't get lag.

3. I'd probably suggest Smashboards, but I don't play Brawl much these days. All is Brawl feels like it's dying off because it's focused on Brawl, and Brawl itself is about to get its final nail in the coffin.

4. There are always skill disparities, especially when it's not top tier professional. And I'm sure you can find an MK mentor or an IC one.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Dude, you need to stop being a ***** about MUs and just play your damn character.

Is this how this ****'s supposed to happen now?
People that picks characters because they have better **** MUs repartitions against other characters?
You need to start feeling and love your character's playstyle for ****'s sake, not acting like the slutty sheep that you are right now.

You see this ***** that i have in my avatar?
This ***** does not care about that dumb tier list nor the terrible MUs she seems to have.
This ***** gets bodied by the greatest of legends such as Ally, Holy, Pappy, Tarex, etc.
And yet, this ***** does not care.

It's really a shame that she came to the wrong hands; My wrong hands.
But somewhere out there, even for me, there's these players of this godly entity that plays it because she's FUN.
They play it because it was DESTINY for them to play this very character.
They're able to find their true NATURE in this game, and not as a slave for MUs and tiers.

But whatever man, if you still want to play MK like the insensible ***** that you are, every one who mains MK is your goddamn mentor.
There's most likely CT Zero that shows how to play scrubby MK like it's his whole world.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Dude, you need to stop being a ***** about MUs and just play your damn character.

Is this how this ****'s supposed to happen now?
People that picks characters because they have better **** MUs repartitions against other characters?
You need to start feeling and love your character's playstyle for ****'s sake, not acting like the ****ty sheep that you are right now.

You see this ***** that i have in my avatar?
This ***** does not care about that dumb tier list nor the terrible MUs she seems to have.
This ***** gets bodied by the greatest of legends such as Ally, Holy, Pappy, Tarex, etc.
And yet, this ***** does not care.

It's really a shame that she came to the wrong hands; My wrong hands.
But somewhere out there, even for me, there's these players of this godly entity that plays it because she's FUN.
They play it because it was DESTINY for them to play this very character.
They're able to find their true NATURE in this game, and not as a slave for MUs and tiers.

But whatever man, if you still want to play MK like the insensible ***** that you are, every one who mains MK is your goddamn mentor.
There's most likely CT Zero that shows how to play scrubby MK like it's his whole world.

If you play for DESTINY and the true NATURE of this game, you're just a different color sheep.

Top Bottom