• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only character I'm good as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Smash Lord
Never before have I so quickly and clearly had a main in a Smash game before. I still don't have a main in Brawl or 64; Marth is my main in Melee and PM.

Basically with Mac, what I do, and have been having large success with, is just bull rushing the opponent, taking my time, and obviously staying on the ground, and out of the air.

It's kind of funny, because I am a huge aerial fighter with Marth in Melee, but am the complete opposite with Mac in this game. With the way the 3DS controls, I have to use Mac. Now if he will remain my main in the Wii U version is to be determined.

Last edited:

KoiWhite

Smash Rookie
I'm feeling the exact same way. Never before have I played someone so fast and furious, and I feel almost guilty playing him because it feels unfair. Find any challenging match ups yet, and ways to overcome them?

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm feeling the exact same way. Never before have I played someone so fast and furious, and I feel almost guilty playing him because it feels unfair. Find any challenging match ups yet, and ways to overcome them?
Agreed.

On challenging matchups, not really any yet. Maybe Robin. I had some amazing For Glory matches against a Robin user; we played at least 10 in a row. The wins went back in forth, though he did probably beat me more times than I beat him. His fire magic can stop Little Mac in his tracks. If he gets you with one magic attack, it's pretty hard to get past that and to him. The best way to counter this by using Mac's side-B. Maybe it was just because he was a good player, but I would still say Robin is the most challenging matchup I've come across so far.

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Mac can actually counter Robin.

http://smashboards.com/threads/who-counters-robin.370473/

Relia: "Marth, Lucina, Palutena, Little Mac
and Peach can all counter Robin."

Fire Tactician: I've played with Robin a lot online and here's what has given me trouble:

Greninja- -

Little Mac- "He gives Robin the same problems as Greninja. While he has no ranged attacks, his Jolt Haymaker
can clear the distance between the
two characters surprisingly quickly
and leaves Robin scrambling to
charge moves. He can get up close to
Robin fast and lay a massive hurting
on him if Robin isn't careful. Arcfire
is Robin's best friend, since unlike
Greninja, Little Mac shouldn't be
jumping over it, and if he does, he's
vulnerable to Levin Sword aerials. But
be careful- Little Macs seem to spam
Counter when they're in the air, so
watch carefully and punish them after
they've used it instead of getting your
Smash Attack thrown back in your
face. Arcthunder (again) is usefull too,
since Little Macs need to block it
instead of jumping over it and they
leave themselves open to follow-up
grabs."

Maybe he was a really good player.

PD: I don't know if it's bad to spy others threads o.o

Grantendo

Smash Rookie
I have found that the reason why he is so good on his ground work is because his recovery and air game is pretty much non-existent. After playing him for a while, I began to figure him out and now when I fight one I just have to keep him juggled or projectile spam. A good sonic, rosalina, megaman, or toon link should make quick work of him if they play their characters correctly. When fighting a little mac 1-1, I really have to pay attention more than I do with other fighters.

Dan

Smash Lord
I have found that the reason why he is so good on his ground work is because his recovery and air game is pretty much non-existent. After playing him for a while, I began to figure him out and now when I fight one I just have to keep him juggled or projectile spam. A good sonic, rosalina, megaman, or toon link should make quick work of him if they play their characters correctly. When fighting a little mac 1-1, I really have to pay attention more than I do with other fighters.
Well Sakurai did stress in his Direct that he would suck in the air and be amazing on the ground, so we knew what to expect.

I just got ***** by a Greninja. Couldn't do anything against him. The only match I've really got destroyed in so far.

Last edited:

Grantendo

Smash Rookie
Well Sakurai did stress in his Direct that he would suck in the air and be amazing on the ground, so we knew what to expect.

I just got ***** by a Greninja. Couldn't do anything against him. The only match I've really got destroyed in so far.
Yea... any character that can spam projectiles will be hard to get around.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Greninja and Robin are great against Little Mac. My best friend also uses Little Mac and he lost to a skilled Sonic at a local tourney.

RNH

Smash Cadet
I main Duck Hunt and I have yet to lose against a Little Mac online yet.

LightningLoops

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrayUSA
3DS FC
1092-0083-1620
Beware Bowser Jr's projectiles. Hes a underdog, but will catch you off guard if you don't know how to deal with him. Here is a tip;

- Mechakoopas do an excellent job at plowing through Little Mac's armored attacks. The Mechakoopa throw animation / recovery leave Bowser Jr. defenseless (close to -30 frames). Take advantage, rush in with a Dash Attack. You'll punish Bowser Jr., and pick up his Mechakoopa!
Careful, they explode like Link's bombs if you hold them too long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom