• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only change I'd like for this character.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I hate how I can't hold on to my bombs for very long.

I'd like to be able to do a lot more re-catch tech with my bombs, but they explode within a very short time, not allowing me to do so.

In Melee, I remember being able to hold on to my bombs for a significantly longer duration than in P:M.

Why is this no longer the case?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
It's so that he has more technical skill. It encourages the player to learn when a bomb will be a good idea, and pluck it then, rather than just keeping on in their hand for if an opportunity shows up.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
It's so that he has more technical skill. It encourages the player to learn when a bomb will be a good idea, and pluck it then, rather than just keeping on in their hand for if an opportunity shows up.
While I can understand that reasoning, I can't agree with it.

The only reason I would propose such a change is not so that Link can simply hold a bomb.

It's so that more re-catch tech can be performed with a single bomb, rather than having to toss it immediately after a re-catch.

For example: when coming back to the stage, if I have a bomb on-hand I can toss it, and if they shield I can re-catch it and then throw it again.

The problem with the current bombs is that they don't allow for much more than that.

I'd like to be able to do more with a re-catch than the obvious re-throw.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Hmm... good point. Honestly, I myself would love an extended bomb timer to allow for more tech. It'd even give you more stuff to do between stocks to out-style your opponent.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I want more bomb time not only for style tech, but to have more options WHEN I re-catch them.

As the bombs are now, my only option is to throw them immediately, or they'll blow up in my hands.

And you won't always in a position where having to throw them immediately is good for your positioning.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
And how would that not completely eff over bomb jumping?

On a related note: What prevents Link from being like Brawl Snake and holding a bomb in his hand every second of every stock in late percents so that he can do AGT shenanigans or get momentum cancels when knocked off-stage?

Any way you slice it you end up with a less skill based campier Link. He's already straddling that fine line between zoning and spam.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I cant play PM Link because of goofy projectile changes like that. The PM projectile changes promote campy play more so then Melee projectiles. I would prefer his projectile game to be just like his in melee but while maintaining all of his non projectile buffs. I mean minor things like faster arrow charge time and backward knockback are fine but thats it in my opinion. Though PM needs to make everyone have super spammy projectiles for some reason. Oh well I can always play Melee Link I guess. I Liked Young Link and Link in Melee it just sucks that Link and Toon Link are lame in PM. Thats why I hope that they bring young link back then maybe I can play a Link that I can actually like unless they gay up his projectiles too.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I cant play PM Link because of goofy projectile changes like that. The PM projectile changes promote campy play more so then Melee projectiles. I would prefer his projectile game to be just like his in melee but while maintaining all of his non projectile buffs. I mean minor things like faster arrow charge time and backward knockback are fine but thats it in my opinion. Though PM needs to make everyone have super spammy projectiles for some reason. Oh well I can always play Melee Link I guess. I Liked Young Link and Link in Melee it just sucks that Link and Toon Link are lame in PM. Thats why I hope that they bring young link back then maybe I can play a Link that I can actually like unless they gay up his projectiles too.
>Link and Toon Link
>Lame

Last edited:

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
You're missing the point here.

I want to style. I need more bomb time to achieve this.

I'm sure the need to do cooler things is incentive enough to make people want this. xD

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
Idk guys, i love almost everything about link's projectiles right now, from the nice sweetspot on the boomerang, to land-cancelled arrows, to mind games, re-grabs, and AGT in fights with bombs, i use AGT in fights with bombs as it helps SOOO MUCH, it psychs the opponent out and they don't expect you to nearly double jump and throw the bomb while retreating or going in all at once, i honestly think, unless they make changes on link for the better, Link is amazing and should be kept this way...

however, one thing i would like changed is how if you hit the bomb a right (or wrong) way it goes flying, but if hit wrong (or right) then it explodes, i would either like this to be changed to

A. nearly all 1st hits on the bomb keep the bomb alive
or
B. ALL hits on the bomb will cause an explosion

Reason for A. - imagine n-airing a falling bomb and continuing a combo with that... style points for days

Reason for B. - sometimes i will Z drop my bomb next to the bomb fantastically, but they hit it just barely with their recovery and sent it away from the ledge.

idk, that's my personal only issue with the bombs, other than that i hope they don't mess with Link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom